This looks amazing. I know I won’t be making it this year, but it has landed in my mental queue.
I’m working on an aran “square” I found on ravelry now that may end up in some sort of blanket at some point. I’m mostly making it to practice cables, and I started it with the intent of frogging later, but I’m using needles 1mm larger than the pattern calls for (I thought it would be easier to practice cables with looser stitches) and it is coming out with a much better drape than I imagined and I want to use it for something. It almost certainly will turn into some sort of rectangle instead of a square because the square in the photo in ravelry is actually square but doesn’t end symmetrically and I know that will bother me.
This is the first pattern I’ve done with multiple charts of different row counts, and it takes some getting used to. I ended up making an index card with the row numbers and corresponding chart row for each chart so I don’t go nuts.
It sure is fun. I’m sure making the GAAA someday will be moreso and very interesting. Maybe next year.
Have fun guys!