Tassles on scarf?

I wonder if anyone could tell me how to make tassles at the end of my scarf?? I’m guessing it’s quite easy but I’m not quite sure of the best way to do it. Any help is very much appreciated!

//Sulis :think:

Here’s some links for making tassels.

http://www.nezumiworld.com/crochet_057.htm

I remember seeing a tutorial on www.stitchdiva.com , among others that are very uselful.

Here are a couple of variations:

1. Bunch or roll up the ends of the scarf and make one giant tassel for each end.

2. Combine the tassel idea with a fringe/smocking effect. Here’s how:
    Figure out how many, how thcik, and how long you want the tassels.
    Double the yarn over and using a crochet hook, pull the middles through the scarf end and pull the tails through (like when you’re putting a looped string through a name tag (I know there’s a name for this, but I never know what to call anything – sorry). This looks good already, but depending on your yarn, these simple knots might not hold. The next step makes them more secure and adds a smocking effect.

Divide each tassel in half and tie each half to its neighbor with a simple slip knot? (Sorry, again – I don’t know my knot names.)
Depending on the effect you’re looking for, this process can be repeated as many times as you like. There will be half-tassels at each end that will need special treatment, but that could be a bead, braid, or just a simple knot.

I’ve already given away everything I’ve made this way, so I don’t have any photos, but maybe someone else can share some. If not, let me know and I’ll whip something up.