Sweater patterns for teenage boys

I’ve been looking for sweater patterns or my teenage grandsons and haven’t been able to find many. I want something that’s pretty easy to intermediate…no cables or very fancy stuff. Thanks!

Hi @momjan! What type of sweater are you looking for? Pullover or cardigan? V-neck or crew neck?

Hi…thanks for our quick response! I’m thinking of a pullover, probably crew neck. I haven’t made a cardigan yet…kind of afraid to try them! My grandsons are 12 and 14.

Thanks!

You’re welcome! There are two ways to create a crew neck pullover. You can make pieces and seam it or you can do a seamless raglan. Also simple stockinette or with texture like cables. Do you have a preference?

Well, I’ve never made a seamless raglan, but I might like to try it. I’d rather do just stockinette without cables.

Jan

Okay, I’ll see what I can find. :relaxed:

I don’t know how big your grandsons are - are they still mostly children, or mostly men? Boys at that age could be either! I found this one, it looks pretty simple - you can take a look at the pattern anyway, it’s a free download. :slight_smile:

Alternately, there’s this book from Erika Knight specifically to cater to teenage boys and it might have better sizing options for you? I’ve used it in the past and loved it. :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thank you!

Thank you so much. My grandsons are bigger than children, but not as big as adult men…I’d say boys size 14-16. These are some good ideas that I’m going to check out!

Jan

1 Like

Thank you so much for these links. I’m going to check them out right now!

Jan

Don’t know if they are what you want or will work for you, but you can see there are a lot. I used various search filters to find them and there are so many!

Jan, I liked all of the ones you suggested, but finally decided to go with this one:

http://www.allfreeknitting.com/Mens-Knit-Sweaters/Easy-Crewneck-Pullover-from-Red-Heart http://www.allfreeknitting.com/Mens-Knit-Sweaters/Easy-Crewneck-Pullover-from-Red-Heart

I’ve started it, using black for the trim color and heather gray for the main parts. Wish me luck!

I might try the one you sent that uses triple strands of yarn after this one…it would be great for a really warm winter sweater.

Thanks again,

Jan

Oh I like that one! The colors should be very nice! That’s kind of what I was looking for. I never go to sites other than Ravelry any more though. Ha!

I just got this in my email. Thought of you since you were looking for sweaters!

Very nice sweaters. I love #2…that looks like something I could do. Thanks, Jan!

Jan

1 Like