Swatch question

I am so into doing swatches (usually avoid projects that need perfect swatches) but I am going to attempt the sweater KAL. I have my yarn and pattern picked out and I have a swatch. My problem is that I am getting the correct number of stitches per inch but the rows per inch aren’t how do I fix this problem???

Or am I mainly concerned with stitches per inch and not rows?

Thanks SO much
Robin

A lot of it depends on the pattern. If your row gauge is off only slightly, it probably won’t make too much of a difference. If the pattern is written mostly in rows, you will need to adjust your work accordingly. If your pattern says to continue on until work measures ? inches, you should be okay.

How far off is your gauge? And do you have a link to the pattern?

The pattern I am looking at is Bob off of Knitty.com. I don’t know how to post the link to show you. I read through the pattern and it goes alot by rows. BUMMER!!! I am getting 22 rows per four inches and it calls for 25 rows per four inches.

Robin

There’s no reason why you can’t do this pattern… but it will require some math. I’m not the greatest at explaining the way to do it… I just do it! Basically what you will need to do is convert the pattern into inches rather than rows, and go by that. Your gauge is about 1.25 rows per inch larger, so you will need to knit fewer rows.

If you need help with figuring out the math involved, just holler. Someone here will be able to explain it {or I can try to find a way to explain it in an understandable version of English!}.