Storage

How does everyone store their yarn? I have a vinyl cube cabinet situation and am looking for something different - looking for inspiration

Tried to find a link for it but search engines nowadays are how they are… :upside_down_face:

I use boxes I found at my local store. I believe they are from Prym? They came in a pair of clear shallow bottoms with a lid that has handles and they stack with clips on the side. If my yarn stash increases I can buy more bottoms that will add to it. They also have adjustable compartment stips inside. I really like that they’re shallow, I don’t have to dig too far to reach what I need, and the comparments allow me to squeeze skeins in reasonable spots instead of having a big tub of mess that’s mostly air. Since it’s clear I can also see what I have very easily. I specifically looked for something that I’d be able to function with despite my adhd, so clear and modulable is often a safe bet :smiling_face: And boxes means I can put a moth gel packet in it and then keep it closed and safe…

3 Likes

plastic totes.

Nothing exciting here. I generally try to keep all my yarn as sweaters rather than yarn balls… but doesn’t work out that way so generally just in the organza bags it arrives in and kept in my knitting drawers. I really don’t like to keep much.

I definitely need something clear or an open shelf. My current storage is 9 vinyl cubbies with doors. It has turned into a ‘shove and shut’. It’s a mess

I see what you did there! I do have some yarn stored on needles :grin:

2 Likes