Stitch count not coming out correct, reading it wrong?

My pattern was found on the internet, I am confused it is it written correctly, or obviously I am reading it incorrectly.
says lace pattern is worked on a multiple of 9 sts with 10 sts each side for border. I have 92 stitches on my needle.
row one is
K10 (border) *k.2 tog.,k.2,y.o.,k-1,yo.,k.2,slip 1,k.1,P.S.S.O., repeat from * to last 10 sts, k these 10 sts (border)
That is it exactly including the periods and commons etc.
The only way I get 9 sts is if I slip and knit 1 on the end and turn that into the psso and end there. If i do a slip, a knit then a psso i dont get the right count. I thought psso was simply slip, knit and pass stitch over, is this simply over written or am I doing something wrong?

http://www.knitting-crochet.com/showom.html this is what I am trying to do.

Hmmm… I think you’re reading it wrong. The slip 1, k1, psso is just that.
Slip one
Knit one
Pass the slipped stitch over.

I think you’re reading the PSSO as another slipped stitch, another knit stitch then passing that second slipped stitch over. But “PSSO” is ONLY passing the previous slipped stitch over.

The only way I get 9 sts is if I slip and knit 1 on the end and turn that into the psso and end there. If i do a slip, a knit then a psso i dont get the right count.

These are both the same thing. S1, K1, PSSO.

Does this help?

yes silver, I thought psso meant i was going to skip, knit and pass, i didnt realize they would post it written out and abbreviated. I knew if someone else read it that way then i wasnt guessing. I tend to be literal in a pattern.

THANK YOU SILVER, MUCH APPRECIATED

You’re very welcome! Just remember that PSSO is always only pass slipped stitch over. There is no implied p1 or k1 in a “PSSO”. The passed stitches and knit stitches will ALWAYS be written out before the PSSO.
:slight_smile: