SSK/K2tog

In actually doing it, what is the difference of the ssk and the k2tog st?

What is a st holder?

Ssk is a decrease that causes you knitting to slant to the left & K2tog is a decrease that makes the knitting slant to the right
a stitch holder is something that you put your sts on when they aren’t being used in a pattern so that they don’t unravel :wink:

The stitch holders that you can buy look like a big safety pin, sort of. Or you can thread a piece of spare yarn through the stitches.

I just reread your post, sorry, the way that u remove your sts from the needle with ssk causes a bit of a twist, as does k2tog, but bc of the way that they are removed and then knit together, it causes them to slant either to the left or right…does this make any sense :?? ?

I’m a beginner, thus I’m hopeless right now…

I don’t get this: (I’m creating a sock)

Heel:
Place remaining 32 sts onto needle having the back seam at center and right side facing rejoin yarn and work as follows:
1st row: K2, sl1k, k1 repeat from to end of row.

I don’t get the first part, and the s11k part. Is that s1, k1?

Reference: http://www.lindascraftique.com/free/tnsocks.htm

When it says sl1k–it means to slip one stitch as if to knit.

What exactly does that mean? :frowning:

Just insert your needle in the stitch on the left needle as if you are going to knit it, but don’t wrap your yarn. Just move it from the left needle to the right needle without knitting it.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much! We’ll see if I’m doing it right if it becomes a blob. :slight_smile: I sent a thank you long before, but it said that I sent it already…

Thank you so much! We’ll see if I’m doing it right if it becomes a blob. :slight_smile: I sent a thank you long before, but it said that I sent it already…

:thumbsup:

I don’t understand this:

1: P17, ps2tog, p1, turn
2: k5, ssk, K1, turn
3: p6, p2tog, p1, turn
4: k7, ssk, k1, turn

Continue working in this manner, working 1 st more before dec in each row until there are 18 sts.

I don’t know what dec means (decrease?), and also, I only have 17 sts to the left, not 17+ 2+1=20…

Help? :slight_smile:

dec means decrease your right there. I better not go farther because i get 17+1+1+19 so you need one more row with a purl together decrease?

It looks like you’re supposed to be doing short rows. How many stitches to you have, total?

Are you turning hte heel?? If so, you might find these instructions helpful:

turning the heel