Socks for sensitive tootsies

My daughter is super sensitive about sock seams (how’s that for alliteration!?). I don’t know if handknit socks for her would be any better or not. Have any of you out there knit socks for sensitive sock-hating kids and had a miracle happen? If so, please let me know the details.
Thanks,
kimmie

Alot of alliteration from an anxious alpacaphile asking about the abrasiveness of anklets for her adolescent!

Whew! That was good, Kelly! You win for sure.
:slight_smile: kimmie

don’t know if I can keep up with you guys!!! :slight_smile:

But to answer your question, I do hear that handknit socks are VERY nice for sensitive tootsies!!! :slight_smile: There are no seams, and instead of doing the kitchner stitch, altho that isn’t really a seam, but a graft…you could just do it(the toe) like a hat. :slight_smile: just decrease till you don’t have many stitches left, and then run the yarn through and sinch it up.

Okay, I think I’ll just have to try it & see what happens. I am in the process of knitting my first pair of socks for myself. I have 1 1/2 done and they seem quite comfy to me, but I’m not remotely sock-sensitive either, so I’m not a very good judge. I’ll make her a cute pair & hope for the best.
:slight_smile: kimmie

My dd is super sensitive to socks. If they are just a stitch too big she has a huge fit…the doc says it is a sensory issue. Anyhow, I started making socks for her and I make them out of Cascade Fixation, which is very soft and elasticy, and I make them to fit her feet almost perfectly. This has worked out really well for us, and we hardly have any shoe/sock problems anymore. :slight_smile:

Alright, I am now on a hunt for Cascade Fixation.
Thanks,
kimmie

THis is an actual thing, look here:

http://www.hsperson.com/

Very interesting article! That sounds quite familiar… I’ll copy that one off. By the way, what sock pattern do you use for your daughter?
Thanks,
kimmie