So what is the going retail price for Addi Turbos?

Like in a LYS, not from Jeff on eBay.

Today for Fiber Guild we’re meeting at a lady’s place who has a small knitting/fiber shop in her home…I’ve never been there before, but I’m so excited to go! Even though we’re making soap today, more tangentially then really fiber-related, but should be fun nonethless. And she lives pretty close by! Anyway, I know she sells some yarns and I’m pretty sure Addis. I already have a Boye Needlemaster set which I have enjoyed using so far, but I could so easily be tempted into buying some Addis as well. I know they’re pricey, but I’d also like to support a small local business, as I have one myself with our garden center/plant nursery.

So how much should I be expected to pay, and what sizes do you think are the most versatile? I know in my future I plan to do lots of baby and kid sweaters with about DK give or take weight yarns.

i think they are generally double of what Jeff is

I’ve seen them for around $15.00 and up in LYS’s
I get 16" and 24" when I order, some 32", for example, 8’s & 9’s, have 32" ordered in 1’s & 2’s also. I would think that around size 6 and/or 7 would be good for DK wt, depending on your knitting style :wink: 24" length

I can’t say off the top of my head how much they are retail, since I don’t generally get them that way, but if you do a search of the on-line places that sell them, like www.yarnware.com , you can get an idea of how much plus shipping you’d pay.

As for kids’ and baby things, probably 16 and 24" and 3’s through 6’s are pretty commonly used.

I paid $15 at a LYS for one set size 8, 24 inch circulars. Think I’ll stick with Susan Bates Silvalumes. The most expensive ones are about $6.95 plus Ben Franklin has 40% off coupons every couple of months and some times a $3.00 coupon on purchases. I don’t have to wait and there’s no shipping & handling charge. They feel really good in my hands and yarn slides along nicely on them.

Depending on size they are about $17 at mine.

I just bought size 1 40" for $12.75 today - my lys had to special order. I’m gonna try to make 2 socks at once…

All of mine have been $15…