Snohomish, Washington

I’ve just started knitting and am finishing up my 1st project, a skarf.

Anyone else from around here?

An Everett knitter here. I started knitting (with a scarf too) about a year and a half ago. Do you have something in mind for your next knitting project?

Tara

I’m knitting this

in a round currently and am on the waistband right now. It’s coming out quite nicely too :slight_smile:

What about you, what have you knit?

Those look handy…and in the round. It took me a year to try that.

Right now I’m finishing a pair of socks for my Dad. And I need to finish up DH’s sweater. It needs a zipper, and I’ve been avoiding it. Funny thing is I’ve put zippers in sweaters before.

Tara

I would LOVE to make socks. It going to one of my next projects after wrist warmers…

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/60159A.html

I love these, but I need to learn cableing first.

I’m glad to have found someone locally that knits!

I love the cabling on those wrist warmers. And cabling isn’t that hard with an extra needle. My fourth project was a cabled sweater for DS1.

I did my first socks with Silver’s tutorial - http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Start.htm. She has pictures for each stitch which really helped me.

It’s good to know a fellow knitter in the area. It seems most WA knitters live around Seattle or Stanwood. Have you been to the Main Street Yarns in Mill Creek? They are having a 20% off everything sale on April 6 (anniversary sale). I’d like to take some knitting classes there, but it’s kinda hard right now with a 2 month old.

:happydance: Hi all!!! Glad to see other knitters from WA. I met a wonderful lady at Michaels who told me about this website and thats how I learned to knit. Hopefully I will run across her to say thank you.
My first project was a baby blanket. Now I want to do the double sided heart hot pad but having problems. :heart:

:happydance: Hi all!!! Glad to see other knitters from WA. I met a wonderful lady at Michaels who told me about this website and thats how I learned to knit. Hopefully I will run across her to say thank you.
My first project was a baby blanket. Now I want to do the double sided heart hot pad but having problems. :heart:

Hello oceansgrl. :muah: Always good to see another knitter from around here. I wish you luck on the potholder. It looks like an intriguing project. What problems are you having? (I’ve never done that technique, but maybe I could help.)

Well I have never done double knitting and I have watched Amy’s video over and over again and she says to take both colors to the back when knitting and to the front when purling and no matter what I do it doesn’t come out right and I end up with the wrong color on the wrong side. If you know what to do please let me know. I left a post in the help section also hoping someone answers. :??

I don’t have any real good suggestions to help you out. :shrug: From what I see, you are basically knitting two separate potholders with the color changes tying them together.

I’d suggest going to a local yarn shop and asking for help. Maybe by someone watching you, they can give you a few pointers. Mukilteo is suppose to have a really friendly shop. Or are you in the Lakewood farther south?

Sorry I don’t have better answers. Hopefully someone will pop in with an answer on the help forum.

I’m in Shoreline (just north of Seattle). I’m mostly doing felted wool projects and scarves currently, although i just completed my first little flower that I’m going to felt later, yay!

[SIZE=“4”][/SIZE]Hi I am finally learning how to knit and lovin it.

I am not in Snohomish but I am in Kent but I figured I would say hi anyways since I am in Washington right now I am not knitting anything I just finished a scarf I want to attempt a baby blanket but I want to learn how to increase and decrease first keep your fingers crossed for me lol Happy Holidays

I’m a knitter from seattle. I recently learned how to knit and love it. I have knitted a few simple projects like scarfs and cowls, but what I have had a lot of fun with lately is just knitting swatches and learning new techniques like increases, decreases, cables and such. I have so many projects I plan on starting soon, but I need to get the right size needles, or the right yarn. If you have a free moment check out my blog to see what I am up to. The next projects I plan on doing are knitted bangles, scarves, leg warmers, hot water bottle cozy and twinkles shopping tunic. This should keep me busy for a while, problem is I keep finding new things I want to knit that I am not really progressing in any of these projects.

Hi Oceansgrl! Go to knit freedom.com/knitting-videos, you’ll find quite a few videos including double knitting! I had the same problem with double knitting until I watched this video.
BTW…I live in Lake Stevens.

I am a Lakebay, WA knitter. Hello!