Skipping Stitches in a round

I am new to crocheting and am trying to follow a pattern that I need help with. I understand that in one round I am to skip 10 stitches (leaving the yarn just in strands) and continue on after that for 20 stitches, then skip 10 stitches again. this will leave two holes. Then the next instruction says Round 12-17: 6 rounds without changes. I assume that means do the same as previous round (20 stitches then skip 10 again) So… will that leave 6 rounds where I leave the strands un stitched? I am so confused. Now round 18 it has me stitching around but what do I do when I get to the area I had skipped before? The point of skipping was to leave holes for ears. The pattern is an amigrumi bunny with scarf.

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
Can you give us a link to the pattern or to a photo? You may only need to skip the stitches once. See if the instructions for the ears help clarify these instructions.

Link to Pattern

In round 11 it has me skipping stitches, then round 12-17 it says 6 rounds without changes, I assumed that meant do the same thing I did in 11? or do I only skip the stitches in round 11? If so, what do I do when I get to the area in the round that is not stitched? how do I attached the next round?

Oh … and THANK YOU for responding… I am stuck and want to keep working on this. I truly appreciate any help you can give me.

It looks like you just skip over those sts because you started the round with 68 sts and now you’re going to work on 48sts. The holes that are left (10sts each) will be picked up for the ears.

I do understand to skip over the stitches in round 11. Do I do the same thing in round 12-17? Then when I get to round 18, what do I do when I get to the part of the round that I skipped the stitches in the previous rounds?

Once you’ve skipped over the sts in row 11, you have a continuous round of 48sts. So on rounds 12-17 you have 48 sts. Keep working sc in each stitch. On round 18 and following, continue with the decreases as given in the pattern.