Sirdar Pattern, yfwd, yrn and yon

I want to start this UK cardigan pattern
http://www.patternfish.com/patterns/5848
An example:
Row 1 - K1, yfwd, yrn, yon, k2tog, yfwd, yrn, yon, k2tog, k1 (8 stitches)
I have done some searching and one site says all three are all the same thing; however the defintions on the pattern says differently. yfwd=yarn forward yon=yarn over yrn=yarn round
Can someone help me out with this. I have made many things with just yo’s. Thanks in advance.

They all make YOs but the definitions explain how to move the yarn whether the yo’s between 2 knits, 2 purls, a purl to knit or knit to purl. So you can just do your regular yo and make sure the yarn is in the right spot to do the next stitch.

Thanks Suzeeq - I knew you would clarify it for me … I was thinking along those lines too but just wasn’t sure enough. Thanks!

I notice that you should end up with 8sts in row1 and so I’m wondering what the instructions for row2 are?

It starts with 6 cast ons. Row 1 has 8 stitches. Row 2 is k3, p1, k2, p1, k1
Row 3 has 10 stitches

It sounds to me that you need to come around the needle twice in row1 and that’s the reason for the complex yo directions. That will give you 8 sts total for that row (counting the double yo as 2sts). Then in row2 you’ll knit and purl into the double yo.

Yes, I think you are right! Thanks for pointing that out to me.