Sirdar pattern 1722 baby bolero

Hi

On left front of bolero, age 3to4, having problem staying to pattern while decreasing at armhole, on 28 stitches , any suggestions

Hi and welcome to the forum!
There seems to be some problems with the eyelet pattern in general in this pattern. Many of the Ravelry projects note a problem with the instructions.

You can look at the pattern you’ve established thus far and mark the placement of the eyelets on the current row. That may help you to maintain the pattern even though there are decreases to shape the armholes.

Hi,

I knitted Sirdar 1722 baby bolero, back and fronts, short sleeves not working out, rows 1 to 4 as attached sets pattern, could anyone give me next 5 rows, age 3 to 4.

Regards

Ann

I don’t have the pattern but it should be the same as the fronts and back. The shaping here is all at the edges so you should only be dealing with stockinette there.
See if the photo for a long sleeve version is any help with the eyelets.
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/LagunaKathy/lace-bolero-with-short-or-long-sleeves
Is that the problem or is there something else about the sleeves that’s not right?

Hi,

Starting on 52 sts.
Rows 1 to 4 are as follows

1. K2 tog, k4, *K2, K2 tog, yfwd, K5, repeat from * to last 10 sts. (K2, K2 tog. yfwd once, K4, K2 tog.
    2.Purl 2 tog., purl to last 2 sts, purl 2 tog.
  2. K2 tog, K2, yfwd, s1, k1, psso, k2, *k5, yfwd, s1, k1, psso, k2, repeat from * to last 4 sts., K2, K2 tog.
    4.Purl 2 tog, purl to last 2 sts. purl 2 tog.

From here onwards, my pattern is incorrect, could you give me next few rows please.

Ann

It looks like row 5should be:
K2tog,k1,k2tog,yo,k5k2,k2tog,yo,k5k2,k2tog,yo,k1,k2tog
The yo should be aligned every 4 rows. If this doesn’t give you the pattern that you want, then best thing to do is count sts backwards from where you want the yarnover to be. That’ll tell you how to start the row. This is what Elizabeth Zimmerman encourages and she’s always right.

Hi,

Very grateful to you for helping me out here, it should get me going again.

Thank you so much.

Ann