Shrug pattern confusion

I am going to start this shrug and I’ve been working on figuring out how to convert it knit in the round. I’m confused about this part:

Shape Sleeves: (RS) Inc 1 st each side this row, then every 5 rows 23 (26) times 90 (100) sts; place a marker (pm) each side for end of Sleeves. Continue in St st until piece meas 19 (21) from marker, end with a WS row; pm each side for beg of rem Sleeve. (RS) Dec 1 st each side this row, then every 5 rows 23 (26) times 42 (46) sts rem.

Is this telling me to increase 1 st at the beginning and end of that 1st row, and each 5th row? Also, why does it tell me to place a marker at each side for the end of the sleeves?

I’m not very good at this whole converting to the round thing! :?? [/b]

Is this telling me to increase 1 st at the beginning and end of that 1st row, and each 5th row?

Yep.

Also, why does it tell me to place a marker at each side for the end of the sleeves?

Reading ahead in the pattern you’ll see that if you were knitting flat, you begin working on the back and you’ll need to know where the sleeve seam will start/end. But since you’re doing sleeves in the round, you can skip it. By the way, the back will have to be worked flat, so you’ll go back and forth across the rows until you start the other sleeve, then you can work in the round again.

sue

Thanks so much!