Shorter Cable Needles

Hi!

I absolutely, positively hate knitting on dpn’s. Unfortunately though I cannot seem to find cable needles that are shorter than 18". Would anyone happen to know if they even make them shorter than this (12" would be perfect) and where I can get them? Thanks!

Irene

Irene, 16" (tip to tip) is a common size, though there are 12"s available too, in not as many sizes.

Have you tried knitting on two circs instead of DPNs? It doesn’t matter how long they are – I think it’s a fabulous alternative for small-diameter circular knitting!
Video here. :thumbsup:

Or if you really want circs, www.yarnware.com has a nice selection and fast shipping.

Thanks Julie, I didn’t even notice that video. I think I’ll give that a try before I order these. I finally found them, after searching all morning, at Joann. But I’d hate to spend the money if I can do it another way.

Thanks Ingrid too for the link to yarnware!

Irene :smiley:

raise your hand if you were confused by this conversation…yup pretty sure it was just me! :rollseyes:

as luck would have it, i am not confused anymore…lol :oops:

I was confused too…I am reading cable needles shorter than 18"… and thinking, MAN…if I had to do cables on 18" needles, I’d go nuts too.

Irene, have you tried taraknits.com? she has a great variety of circular needles…I’ve gotten several pair of short circs myself.

lol…i am glad i wasn’t the only one! :wink:

LOL brenda!!! :roflhard:

At first I couldn’t figure out what YOU guys were talking about! :roflhard:

We live to confuse! That’s our motto!

LOL - reminds me of the “who’s on first” conversation I had w/DH last night, explaining why I had to switch my cabled scarf to a shorter cable…he has no clue about knitting anyway, and finally he just looked at me and said “What the H%^& are you talking about??” :roflhard: :roflhard:

I gave up :rollseyes:

Check Taraknit before you order ANY needles for full price!!! She has a BIG ad here this month! Carol is an active member of this site and sells well-loved needles for ALOT less than you’d spend at the shtore! FREEEEE SHIPPINGGGGG!!!

And I Thought EYE was the shameless plug queen…

btw…if you can’t find what you are looking for at one of our wonderful retailers on here check out hobby lobby this week…all their needles and knitting accessories are 50% off!

Not just a PLUG…I just WUVV Carol! And Im all for ANY kind of recycling!

I WUVV tara too, I was just messin wiff ya :slight_smile: