Set up i-cord edge stitches

I’m working on the Shockwaves Wrap from Hedgehog Fibres. I made a mistake and had to rip back several rows. Now my Icord edge stitches seem to be out of order. I have three stitches on each side. Since I’ve picked up after ripping out, the working yarn is no longer hiding itself when I begin knitting the row. It shows around the back of the Icord. Any ideas how to set these stitches back up to create a smooth round Icord? I’ve tried everything I can think of but must be missing something. I can’t find any info online about this issue.

I’m not sure what’s going on. Maybe a photo would help?
http://forum.knittinghelp.com/t/new-how-to-post-a-photo?t=80610

Is your working yarn in the same position to start a new row or is it possible that you need to take another row out of the I-cord?

Thanks for your input. I considered that I may have to rip another row of the icord but I’m not exactly sure how.

The pattern states this at the beginning and end of each row.
Row 1 (RS): k8, [pattern], slip 3 wyif.
Row 2 (WS): k8, [pattern], slip 3 wyif.

Here is the view before I begin knitting. I’m working the WS.

Here is the RS view before I start knitting.

Here is the view after I’ve knit the first 3 stitches for the icord, on the WS.

Here is the final view of the RS, after I’ve knit the first 3 stitches for the icord. You can see the bar running across the icord.

Thanks for your input. I considered that I may have to rip another row of the icord but I’m not exactly sure how.

The pattern states this at the beginning and end of each row.
Row 1 (RS): k8, [pattern], slip 3 wyif.
Row 2 (WS): k8, [pattern], slip 3 wyif.

Here is the view before I begin knitting. I’m working the WS.

Here is the RS view before I start knitting.

Here is the view after I’ve knit the first 3 stitches for the icord, on the WS.

Here is the final view of the RS, after I’ve knit the first 3 stitches for the icord. You can see the bar running across the icord.

In the first photo, slip the 3 I-cord sts to the right hand needle and knit in pattern to the last 3sts. You should then be able to continue with the pattern.
I tried this and it seems to work. See if it does for you.

Yes! That worked. Thanks so much for your help! :slight_smile:

So glad it did. Thanks very much for the very clear photos and enjoy knitting this good-looking wrap.