Scotch guard?

Has anyone ever sprayed their knitted items with scotch guard or similar to protect them from dirt and moisture? I was thinking of trying this with my new booga bag as I want to use it for a purse, and well purses can get messy what with being sat everywhere. And even though I can clean it I would like to still protect the fabric.

:thinking: I have never tried it but it sounds like it would work … I would be interested to find out if it does work. It seems to me it would, I mean they scotch guard carpets …

I never have, but maybe I should scotchguard the kids so they won’t get so filthy :thinking:

I never have, but maybe I should scotchguard the kids so they won’t get so filthy

:roflhard:

Seriously folks, is this a good idea? would it be harmful to the wool?

On 3M’s website it says…
"Q: On what materials and fabrics can I use Scotchgard™ Fabric Protector?

A: This product works great on most fabrics! Whether natural fabrics like cotton & wool, synthetic fabrics like polyester & nylon, or delicate fabrics like silk; you can use Scotchgard protector for fabrics & upholstery. (It is always good to test in an inconspicuous spot for color bleeding.) We do not recommend using on rugs, carpets, suede, plastics, or vinyl. On upholstery, check furniture manufacturer’s care and warranty information. Examples of usage include: sofa, chairs, auto upholstery, camper & rv’s, clothing, silk ties & blouses, delicate fabrics, wool, quilts, throw pillows, table linens, place mats, window treatments, crafts, canvas shoes, & more!"

So if it ruins it, you can call them up and call them all kinds of nasty names. :smiley:

Now why didn’t I think of checking the web site??? Thanks.

A pleasure to help a fellow Oregonian. :wink: