Scarf Is Almost Finished

Before bed last night I measured the scarf I’ve been working on for what seems like forever. It’s now 44" long. I am guessing that there is enough yarn left on the skein for about another 8 - 10" . The scarf will be finished when the skein runs out.

As I’ll be home next week I figure it’ll be finished by Tuesday afternoon and then I am going to tackle socks.

Congratulations on nearing the end of your first scarf !! Best of Luck with the socks - my DH asked me to make him a pair so I did and that’s the only pair I’ve ever made.

:cheering: Congrats on almost finishing the scarf!!! You will love doing socks… :happydance:

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

[color=darkblue][size=7]CONGRATULATIONS, WAY TO GO MASON!!! [/size][/color]

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

:cheering: Good for you! It’ll probably be a treat to do anything else since you’ve been working on the same thing for so long. :teehee:

very cool Mason! I love scarves–sometimes I get a little bored with them but for the most part–they are quite therapeutic!

You’ll probably love socks…I love the idea of socks and really want to love knitting socks but for some reason I just haven’t been able to “get into” knitting them…I keep vowing to try again…I think I’ve just had so much going on in my life lately (you know, having a baby, grad school…etc.) that I haven’t had the attention span for it!

Good luck with it–keep us posted on how it goes! Do you plan to use 2 circs, magic loop or dpns? I’ve only tried dpns and 2 circs…

I’m going to use DPNS for the socks this time around. I’ll try other methods later on. I’m going to try magic loop for a hat.

sounds like fun…I tried dpns first and then 2 circulars b/c several ladies in my SNB seemed to be zipping through socks although they were beginning knitters…lots of folks seem to like the 2 circ method…the benefit I see to it is that it’s a little more portable than dpns but all in all–I thought dpns were rather fun!

I just did a hat on 2 circs…one of these days I’ll get around to trying magic loop…