Rip, or do I have another option?

Long story short…I got on a “roll”, misread directions and started decreases around the neck steek much later than I should have.

Now I am trying to decide whether I need to rip back to where the neck decreases should have begun (the safety pin about 8 inches back :waah:), cut off the top part where I began the decreases and graft to where they should have begun (this would mess up the pattern…the 0’s and X’s would line up two rows in a row where they should be offset…not a good option) or if I just finish it off casting off on the proper row (there would be more sts in front) and then creating the v from the safety pin by sewing to reinforce, folding over and picking up roughly where the decreases should have created the v. I’m just not sure that would look right though. Thoughts?

and then creating the v from the safety pin by sewing to reinforce, folding over and picking up roughly where the decreases should have created the v. I’m just not sure that would look right though. Thoughts?

Before I read this part, I was going to suggest this exact thing. The sweater is [B]beautiful[/B], by the way. :inlove:

If you had done the decreases as called for, you would have cut the steek and it would have opened in the V. Then you’d pick up on the edge of the steek.

If you just pick up where the V would have been, you can cut off the extra and it will look like the original pattern.

Thanks so much Ingrid! I was hoping you would chime in since you have a lot of fair isle experience. That definitely seems like the most sane answer but I just wasn’t sure it would look right. After sleeping on it, it makes perfect sense…the sts picked up around the sleeve steeks don’t have any decreases to “guide” picking up either.
What makes me the most mad is that I even put the center stitch on a holder thus starting the v neck then didn’t do the stupid decreases. :doh: Makes no sense at all…that should have stood out in my mind like a sore thumb!