Right side, wrong side

Okay, on this pattern -
Cast on 24 sts. Knit 2 rows.
Rows 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 15, and 17 (RS): K 2, p 4, k 12, p 4, k 2.
Row 2 and all WS Rows: K 6, p 12, k 6.
Row 13: K 2, p 4, 6/6 RC, p 4, k 2.
Row 18: K 6, p 12, k 6.
Repeat Rows 1-18 7 more times. Then repeat Rows 1-7 once. Knit 2 rows. Bind off

Basically, all odd rows are the right side, all the even rows are the wrong side, so, I’m not actually twisting around anything to go from one side the other, that happens when I put my finished row back on the left, correct? If I redid this pattern per row, like on the patterns here, couldn’t I do it this way,
1 and odd rows to 11; k2,p4,k12,p4, k2
2 and even rows to 12: k6, p12, k 6
then do row 13. I’m trying to simplify it so that it doesn’t look so scary. LOL
Is row 13 the beginning of the cable, so that, when I do the other rows and come to this, I do the cable again?

What you wrote about “making it easier” appears correct to me, except for the fact that Row 2 and ALL even rows are the same pattern and you left out rows 15 and 17. I’m not sure why Row 18 was singled out as something different, because it’s not.

I would also agree with you that Row 13 is the cable. So every 13th row is the cable row.

Not exactly sure what you mean by “I’m not actually twisting around anything to go from one side to the other, that happens when I put my finished row back on the left…” Your cable appears to happen on Row 13 (a RS row) with the middle 12 stitches being reversed on your needle. First six stitches onto a cable needle, knit the next 6 stitches onto your right needle, then knit the 6 stitches from the cable needle onto your right needle and proceed with the row (p4, k2).

Does any of this help? Hope that made sense.

Thank you!!

I think they just put row 18 in there to show that it should be part of the pattern repeat. The odd rows go to Row 17, so some people may be wondering if they should put an 18th row in there or what happened to it as it says to repeat rows 1-18. Some people miss a row if it’s not mentioned.

That makes sense, suzeeq!

Question for Texas??? Is this a pattern for squares for an afghan? If so, can you tell me what size needles and what yarn is required? Sounds like this would make a good baby blanket.

The.Knitter- I believe it’s this pattern.

yeap, that is the pattern.

Oh that is lovely and snuggly looking. Perhaps one fine day I will make one of those for ME!!! Thanks for sharing, both of you!