Rico 344

Hi, I’m knitting Rico pattern 344 and am confused about row 2 instruction for the back. It reads, (p1, k2tog (yo and 1 st) 8 times. Do I p1 and k2tog 8 times? What does "yo and 1 st " mean and how many times am I to do that?
Thanks, Barbara
Bbhager@aol.com

Welcome to the forum!

Can you quote the entire row exactly as given? There seems to be a parenthesis or bracket missing.

Could it be that on the previous row there are lots of yo and on this row it is telling you that when you k2tog one of the 2 will be a yo you knit into and to other of the 2 will be a stitch you knit into?
To me the instruction looks confusing and I agree there seems to be a missing bracket.

1 Like

This is the first row of the pattern.

Barbara

ent from my T-Mobile 5G Device

(Attachment 20211021_075640.jpg is missing)

@Champion1 quoting the row is better due to designer copyright. Can you post only the row in question or a greater part of the section of the row you’re asking about?

Hope this image works.

Barbara

Creations

October 21

Could it be that on the previous row there are lots of yo and on this row it is telling you that when you k2tog one of the 2 will be a yo you knit into and to other of the 2 will be a stitch you knit into?

To me the instruction looks confusing and I agree there seems to be a missing bracket.

Worked perfectly.
The missing parenthesis is one of the double parentheses after the “(P1, k2tog (yo and 1 st)) 8 times” The “yo and 1 st” is telling you which sts to knit together.

So for this part of the row (P1, k2tog) 8 times. The sts to k2tog are the yo and the next stitch. This is part of the brioche stitch on the sweater.

Yes, that’s exactly right. Thanks

Well, another question about my pattern. There are 45 stitches on the needle. There is a cable pattern of C6B (3 on back of work on cable, 3 knitted from needle) and C6F (leave 3 sts on cn to front,and knit 3 from needle). The pattern reads, :

K1, sl1p wyif, yo, skpo, (k1, sl1p wyif, yo,) 5 times, p2tog, patt 6( cable panel 1) m1, sl1p wyif, yo, m1, patt 6 (cable panel 2) p2tog, (sl1p wyif, yo, k1)5 times, k2tog, sl1p wyif, yo,k1. 43 sts.

Without the 12 sts of the cables there are 43 sts. So, question is what does " patt cable 1 and 2" mean? What do I do with those sts?

Barbara

Somewhere in your pattern, probably at the beginning there’ll be a description of the cable panel. It may be 6 to 8 rows with the cable twist in one of the rows. The other rows will give you the knit and purl pattern for the 6sts.

The row as written takes 45sts to work. There are 15 increases (yo and m1) and 4 decreases (skpo, k2tog). When you finish the row, there’ll be 11 more sts or 56sts.

Yes, I understand that. I’ve attached the pattern. Beginning with row 1 where the decrease begins is where I’m confused. I cannot come up with 43 stitches after completing row 1. Help!

The pattern is incorrect when it gives you 43sts. See my last post: the row leaves you with 56sts (not 43).

I can’t see all of row 2 but the part I can see will require at least 52sts to work, not 43.
If the knitting on the needles looks correct as you work rows 1 and 2, ignore the 43sts. If you’d like you can send a message to the publisher or the designer to point this out.

I agree, the pattern is incorrect. I have sent a request to LoveCrafts for an explanation.

I’ll let you know the outcome.

Barbara

Salmonmac

The response from LoveCrafts is, “On row 1 ignore the yarn overs as they are NOT counted in the row as they are decreased in row 2.” We were correct that there are 56 sts on the needle at the end of row 1. The yo’s are decreased in the next row (row 2) with 43 sts.

I told them instructions on stitch count should show 56 after row 1…not 43 and that you don’t count the yo’s!

Barbara

1 Like

Thanks so much for reporting back!