Reworking a pattern to fit short-waisted.

Dear Salmonmac, wonder if you can help once more. both left and right side cables are on separate spare needles as instructed. I’ve come to shaping the cap sleeves using the 2 needle method. Not clear how to join the cable stitches to the new work.

Debbie Bliss Pattern no. DB194

According to the Ravelry page it’s knit bottom up. Did you start the cable at the underarm?

Can you quote just a couple of rows in the area of the instruction for shaping the sleeve cap?

Each cable was only 15 sts cast on and saved on separate needles so yes, that would be the bottom for a total of 73 rows

T

C

K

From the photo it looks like the cable is worked as part of the front or back until a cast on for the sleeves. Is that what happens or is the sleeve knit separately?
After the sleeve sts are cast on, the cable continues up to the neckband.
Can you quote the rows in this area of the pattern? Just a couple of rows due to copyright, please.

Sorry, I didn’t read the rest: ignore remark about 73 rows, that’s for the cap sleeves which is where I am.

1. rt. Side patt. of rt. Cable, turn, using the two needle method cast on 71 sts, turn, patt. Sts of left side cable 101 sts.

No, they are each worked separately, 15 sts back and front for so many sets of 4.

T

C

K

I feel like this asking an awful lot of you and your time. Opt out any time, I will understand.

T

C

K

It sounds like the directions for casting on the 71 sleeve sts then turning and working back across those newly cast on sts in the sleeve pattern. Does that make sense with where you are in the pattern? You can always message Debbie Bliss to ask. She’s very responsive.
Here’s a video for cable casting on to extend live sts.