Report forum bugs here

This thread is for technical bugs relating to the forum upgrade. If you find a problem, glitch, etc. please post it here and I will try to address it.

Thanks,

Hi Sheldon, I am unable to open any of the pics in “what ya knittin” a new window opens but it is blank :frowning: Thanks
anne

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkorchid]Sheldon,[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkorchid]There are three pages of new posts and it will only let me see the first one.[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#dda0dd][COLOR=darkorchid]It says:[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorchid]when I try to see page 2 and 3. There are 77 unread posts so I know there should be more pages.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#dda0dd][COLOR=#9932cc]Great job by the way Sheldon. I loved the updates on the homepage as you were doing the upgrade. :thumbsup:[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#dda0dd][COLOR=#9932cc]Susie[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

I know you are working on a minimum number of letters in a post to make it smaller than 10…can you also change the maximum number? I tried to change my blog title and it wouldn’t let me because the first list (aka. 100 things about you list) is WAY to long. Thanks!

I also cannot see pictures in What ya knitting!

Everything else looks great - thank you so much Sheldon & Amy! :hug:

We haven’t finished processing all the images, so some might not be available yet. It’s fairly intensive on the server, so we’ll probably finish that up tonight when less people are online.

We haven’t finished indexing the search database. This is also server intensive, so we’re postponing until later.

Hey, less a bug than questions. I like that you change the posts per page–I picked the max number per page because it means less clicking for me. Can you do the same with the threads-per-forum page?

Also, I seem to remember you saying we would be able to customize the color of KH but I can’t find that functionality anywhere.

And…

GREAT JOB SHELDON!!! :woohoo:

Sheldon You’re doing an amazing job! When I tried to send a PM I kept getting kicked back to the log in page.

Thanks for all of your hard work!

Same here :slight_smile:

Just wanted to say thanks for the upgrade!

Hi,

This is looking cool! I just wanted to let you know I change my “user cp” and set it so I will get e-mail notifications when a thread I’ve commented on is updated. I got the e-mail notifying me that someone had commented after me, but when I clicked on the link it came up with an error message.

Thanks for all your hard work Sheldon and Amy!

I’m having trouble getting the times to set for my timezone. The notice says that all times are set for GMT -7 (mtn) which is correct, but the times are actually Pacific time, one hour earlier. When I change it to CST, it goes to one hour later. When I change it to pacific it’s still reporting time as GMT -8 with the correct PDT time. So basically, it looks like times for the Mtn zone are not coming out right.

sue

I think this might be fixed now. The email link referenced the testing location where the new forum was built. I just changed that so it should work now.

I am not sure if this is it, but you might want to check to see what the DST (daylight saving time) setting is in the UserCP/Options. Toggling that may make a difference.

Edit: Actually, it is. I tested it and leaving DST to auto for MTN time doesn’t seem to work. Setting to On worked.

Not really a bug, but how do I change the title of a thread? I tried editing but I didn’t see how I could go about it.

Thanks!

I don’t know if this is really a bug or not, but on I liked having the links at the bottom (Forum>General Knitting>“thread”) so you don’t have to scroll up to the top to get back to your forum if you’ve read more than one page (or use the back button over and over!)

Kelly

I love the View First Unread feature. Couldn’t use Quick Reply, though, and how do you paste something in the textbox without formatting?

quick reply was taking forever to process. after 2 minutes I gave up and closed the window.

It’s looking good mate! In case you’re interested… when I checked my inbox for a PM, I was told I had 3 new messages, I actually had one, the other two were my last two that I had definitely read already (before the change). Either that or somebody’s mailbox is accidentally resending a couple of PMs, and hence they came up as ‘new’. (No hardship or problems for me as a user though as a result).
He hee… I bet you’re flat out right now chugging coffee… thanks for all your hard work!
Sarah

Another question…Is there a way to subscribe to a thread without posting? There’s a few KAL that I’m interested in, but not ready to start so I’m not posting. Also, if we posted before the change, are we subscribed still?

Kellt