Reading pattern and magic loop

So I’m pretty sure I have been doing this pattern wrong for like 6 rows now. First time using magic loop technique, and have been struggling with it. Thought I had it all sorted out till just now. I just finished round six in lace section and realized I don’t have the same number of stitches I started with. My problem (I believe) came when I was reaching the end of one side and rearranging my work to start working the other side. For instance, row 2 of lace section when I got to the end I did k4, then k2tog, and that was the last stitches on that side so I wasn’t able to do the yarn over. So I turned my work and started working. I just realized I should have done the yarn over on the other side right? But I was just starting over at k4, therefore skipping a yarn over and reducing by a stitch. Can someone please verify that is correct? This magic loop is kicking my butt, but I’m determined to learn. Basically if it ends in the middle, and you are turning to work the other side you should keep going from where you ended right? :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

Why couldn’t you work the yarn over at the end of round? Remember that a yarn over doesn’t use a stitch.
If it’s too difficult to keep the yarn over on the needle (it can be a challenge), you could pick up the strand between sts on the next round as a replacement yarn over.

We can’t post large portions of patterns on the forum due to designer copyright. Would you just post rounds 2 and 3 and delete the larger scan? Use the pencil icon in the lower right of your post to edit.