RC and LC

I have a question about how I slip these sts. They are a purl and knit so I was always taught to slip according to what is there, but will this goof up the crossover look? Should I slip them knitwise?

Also, my LC- I am reversing the two sts through the BACK which is what I understood LC to be, but why is it called that? If I do this I am not understanding how it is turning out to be left crossover. Should it slant to the left?

Thanks. I’ve never done these crossover sts before.

Incidentally-I am working on the Leif Pullover pattern.http://www.bluegarter.org/category/patterns/

LC and RC refers to “right” and “left” turning cables. You don’t slip any stitches, you just put half of the stitches onto a cable needle or another needle and either hold it in the back or in the front while knitting the other half of the stitches needed for the cable, then you knit the stitches from the stitch-holder. Depending on whether you put them to the back or the front affects the way the cable is “turning”. I don’t know which is which right now, would have to look it up, but that’s what it’s about.

I’m not doing cables. It’s right crossover and left crossover. I figured it out when I learned from researching on the net that they are aka front crossover and back crossover. I’m reversing the position of two sts by sliding them to the rt needle and switching back onto the left needle. For RC I do this with my needle in the front, and for LC I do it with the needle in the back. The name Right and Left were just confusing me.

Thankfully I can keep knitting this Twisted Tree Motif.

that is a type of tiny cable. cables are just when you crossover more stitches.
If it is a k stitch you should move it purlwise and a p stitch should be slipped k wise so as to keep the stitch aligned properly.
holding a stitch in the back i think will produce a right cross (the stiutch in front looks like it is going to the right) and if you hold in front you will vreate a left cross.

If it is a k stitch you should move it purlwise and a p stitch should be slipped k wise so as to keep the stitch aligned properly.

No slip all purlwise. All the sts are going to be just movedd over to a cable needle; put the left needle and cn tips together as if they were joined and slide them from one to another. They’ll be aligned just right that way and no need to wonder if it’s knit or purlwise.

Thanks for all your help. I didn’t know it was considered a cable st. Good to know.