Ravelry

I am going to be adding things over the next few days, but I am so excited! I have heard such good things!

I can’t wait to keep playing with it.

I have to remind myself: must study for three day test instead of playing with ravelry!

My first thought after adding some info about my first project is that this is very cool, I love the ease of adding projects and the fact that the tempting popped up right away with tempting I and II for the pattern, it’s very slick so far.

I hope I get mine soon. Seems like they are handing out a lot lately!

ok. no clue what ravelry is. can someone 'splain?

Ravelry.com is a new resource for knitters. It’s like a big community, you have a homepage where you enter all the details of your projects and it links you to all the other people who have knit/are knitting that pattern or using that yarn, etc. You can see pictures of ones other people have knit, get their opinions on the yarn that they have already entered, and bookmark people you know or whose knitting you find interesting to see what they are knitting. It’s sort of like having everyone’s blog in one place.

I should be updating my page later today.

Delurking to say that I’ve heard crocheters are welcome too. :lol:

('Cause that’s what I am. Ooops…did I just say that out loud?!)

I signed up for an invite to see what all the fuss is all about but have settled in for a nice long wait, as I think my name is 14,786 on the list (so to speak).

How does one sign up?

Here’s the website for [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Ravelry.com . You scroll down a little on the right hand side and it says you can add your name to the list.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]I signed up just a couple days ago, so it’ll probably be a long wait for me. :hug: [/FONT][/COLOR]

I think I signed up over a month ago at least. Just to give you an idea. This was right before the buzz really began on blogs, knitting websites, etc, as in the day before I really started seeing a lot about it.

I finally received my Ravelry invite! I must’ve signed up for beta over a month ago. I’ve been uploading projects for most of the day but I have many more left. I think I’ll take a break for now.

There are so many helpful functions. Hopefully more of you will be able to have the opportunity to check it out.

Haven’t visited their forums yet. I don’t want to be tempted to leave KH! :shock: hehehehe.

Here’s my project page: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/simplethings

I’m not sure if you need to be a member to view it. If anyone else here has Ravelry, add me as a friend! :hug:

PS: Sorry the post seems so… fragmented. It’s getting late and I’ve been typing, and researching knitting all day. :zombie:

Oooh, I can’t wait till I get my invitation! :drool:

Got mine too =D think I signed up around 8th May - they are still getting through those early May invites =D

Becca couldn’t find you - is your name bostonbecca there too or something else?

I got an invitation yesterday, too! It’s very cool!

The couple who work on it have quit their day jobs to work on Ravelry. They are working on it full time now, and that’s why more people are getting invites.

For their sakes, I really hope it does well!

There’s been tons of talk about it, but I think I will just wait until it’s out of testing and generally open to the public.

Once everyone’s in, they will need to post their name here so we can all find each other!!!

:frowning: i just added my name to the long list today. i didn’t know anything about it until just now. can’t wait to see others there. there’s no such thing as too many knitting fora!

My friend got her invite last week- I’m jealous!

I only added my name about 2 weeks ago, I wish I had known about it sooner. I can’t wait for an invitation!

I signed up almost immediately and I just got my invitation on Sunday. My username there is “kemp”…pretty original, huh? :teehee: