Raglan decrease help

Hey all! First time posting here but have used your advice in the past as I have only been knitting for the last six months or so. Happy to be here!

I am working on this raglan sweater, and it is throwing me for a loop with how I should do the decreases for the front and back panels for the raglan slants. This is my first raglan sweater but I can’t seem to figure the instructions out for the decrease and was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what I should try. I’m hoping it’s just some confusion with translation of the original German (it’s a Schachenmayr pattern).

Thank you all in advance!

https://schachenmayr.com/en/free-patterns/mens-sweater-s10369

Welcome to the forum!
Which size of this great looking sweater are you making?
All the sizes begin with a bind off of 2sts at the beginning of the next 2 rows. The decreases are at each end of the rows with the number of decreases depending on size. These aren’t specified in the directions and as you say, were probably lost in translation. The schematic however shows the decreases at each side.

Duh! Forgot to note that. I’m making a size S, so it’s 2 sts to start and the 1st 27x every second row and then again 2x every 4th row based on the pattern.

Sounds like you’ve got it: Bind off 2sts at the beginning of the next 2 rows, then 1 stitch at each end of every second row for 27times and finally 1 stitch at each end every 4th row twice.
That’ll decrease 62sts and take you from 83 to 21sts.

For the front, the directions are similar: At the raglan edge, bind off 2sts at the beginning of the next two rows then one stitch at each end of every second row for 27 times. However, the neckline shaping will happen while you’re working these raglan decreases. You can either work each side of the front separately or join a second ball of yarn and work these raglan and neck decreases on both sides at the same time.

thank you so much for the help!

1 Like