Queston re-worded Lopi tote

Hello,
Has anyone knitted this cute tote, I am to the knit 2 tog and then ssk and something is not right? The pattern says to decrease this way until you have 2 stitches on the short sides of the bag. What does this mean in plain english…
Please advise

http://www.helloyarn.com/lopitote.htm
Next row: knit to 2 stitches before marker, k2tog, slip marker, ssk, continuing to decrease around in this method.
Continue decreasing every row until the short sides of bag have 2 stitches each.
Next row: Knit the stitch before and after the markers together, removing marker, ending at beginning of row marker.

You should have 4 markers, one at each corner. As you knit around, you’ll be doing your decreases in the two stitches before and the two stitches after each marker. After you’ve done enough decreases, you’ll have two stitches on the side edges of the bag. When you get to that point, you’ll knit to one stitch before the markers, slip a stitch to remove the marker, put the stitch back on the left needle and knit two stitches together–the ones that were before and after the marker.

i made a quick little diagram for you. before you start decreasing, you should have 4 stitch markers in place. (the red circles below) and you should have 16st, 24st, 16st, 24st. OR if you still have 5 markers, you’ll have 8st, 24st, 16st, 24st, 8st. I don’t think you really need the 5th marker.

you’re going to decrease before and after the markers for 14 rounds until you have 2st, 10st, 2st, 10st. then you’re to the point where "Next Row: Knit the stitch before and after the markers together, removing marker, ending at beginning of row marker"
this should leave you with 20 stitches and no stitch markers.

I guess i’m too slow. Ingrid beat me to it!

I may have gotten there first, but I didn’t have an nifty diagram! :thumbsup:

Microsoft Word at its finest!!! :wink:

:happydance: The lopi tote is completed and ready to felt, will advise, thanks again for all the help… Happy Knitting, :XX: