Question about socks instructions

[FONT=“Book Antiqua”][SIZE=“3”]Hello All, I’m new to this group, but not to knitting. I like to keep learning and tend to choose challenging projects.
Can anyone help out with these instructions?
Rnd 1: P1,k1,[yo, sl 1 pwise wyb, k2, pass slipped st over both knit sts]
The question is where the WYB is stated. If you have put your yarn in front for the YO, and sl 1 pwise, how could you do this WYB?

I’m anxious to start these socks (well, have already, but something is amiss…!) They are the Herringbone Rib Socks in the Interweave Knits winter 2008 mag.
Thanks for any assistance. You knitters are the best!
Merri[/SIZE][/FONT]

If you knit Continental:
When you bring the needle to the front for the yarn over then take it over the top of the needle a bit, to the back and hold it there on the top of the needle with your right index finger while you do the slip, and keep holding it until you have done one of the following knit stitches.

If you knit English it is basically the same. Do the yarn over by bringing the yarn to the front and then over the top of the RH needle to the back and hold it there with your index finger. Then do the slip purlwise on the next stitch. You don’t have to keep holding onto the yarn after that, just go ahead and knit the next stitch from that position.