Question about "sl2-k1-p2sso"

I’m doing Knitty’s Branching Out scarf… hopefully in time for Mother’s Day, but ya never know. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I got to the section that calls for this :

sl2-k1-p2sso

Now, I understand I slip two stitches together (as if doing a k2tog), knit 1, then pass the two slipped stitches over the knitted one.

My question - how do I pass these two slipped stitches over the knitted one? Can I do it one at a time, or do I need to do both at once? Do I just pass the first one (nearest the end of the needle), THEN pass the other one?

I think I am making this harder than it needs to be, but I don’t want to hose it up and then try to frog this type of piece!

You could do it one at a time if you want, or slip both together.

To do both at same time:
You know how you pass stitches over to bind off? Well, to pass 2 sts over, insert your needle tip into the 2 sl sts from left to right. Tug/secure the working yarn nice and snug so that the first st is not loose. Then pass the 2 slipped sts over and off the needle. You don’t have to pull super tight on the working yarn, but enough to make the process easier.

One at a time:
Follow the same directions as above, except do one slipped st at a time beginning with the slipped st that’s closer to the tip of the right needle.

Either way would work. :wink:

Cool! Thanks!