Question about Hat Pattern

Hello everyone…

I’m doing this baby christmas hat… and I have some questions… that just don’t seem right with the pattern…

The Pattern is done in the round, and is like a normal hat…

We do a few rows knit then 2 rows perl, then start to do decrease rows, where you do Kx, K2tog repeat till end…

Well now half way through the hat… they swith… and it just doesn’t seem right… cause I would think it would change the way the hat looks…

Now they are saying… Kx, P2TOG repeat till end of row, then the Next 3 rounds are all knit… then Kx, P2TOG to the end , Then we do a purl “Puff” again for 2 rounds… then back to the old pattern of K2TOG…

Is that normal… won’t that make the hat look funky… I can try to find a link to the pattern if needed…

thanks

The only reason I can think of for doing that is if they want a little bump there for design’s sake. You certainly don’t have to do it that way if you won’t want to.

Here’s the pattern to peruse…

http://www.p2designs.com/images/patterns/set-xmas.html

I’ll go ahead and follow the pattern… it just seemed odd… I’ll start to work on this tomorrow to finish as I’m … well sick… cough

well just looking at that hat i would say it is part of the design. cute though…may have to make me one of those…well not for my big ol’ head but ya know! :wink:

Thanks guys… it just seemed odd that it went to perl that way… but … I’ll do it… if it look funky… well … oh well.

It’s a Christmas tree! It’s ok if it looks a little funky!!

Yeah I understand… guess just the perfectionist in me… I Shouldn’t try to 2nd guess a pattern… :slight_smile: