Please help me decipher pattern

:thinking: Help me decipher, please. P 3 together, in the next stitch work (K1, P1, K1) . 4 repeats of this is supposed to equal 20 stitches. I can’t wrap my head around it. Thanks!

Is it telling you to P3tog, then K1P1K1 in next stitch once and THEN repeat four MORE times?? If so, that does add up to 20 stitches by the end of your row.

P3tog becomes 1 stitch
K1P1K1 becomes 3 stitches

So that sequence alone totals 4 stitches on your right needle. If you are meant to repeat that four MORE times, total of five times, you would arrive at 20 stitches.

First of all, thanks for the very timely reply. :smiley: That makes sense, but will this make a decrease, or will there be the same # of stitches for the next row?

:?? oops, I read it again. HOW do I K1, P1, K1 in the next stitch? (IS there a video from Amy on anything like this?)

I’m not sure if there’s a video for that exactly. Here’s what you will do.

Knit the stitch as you normally would, but DON’T slide the original stitch off the left needle yet. Bring your working yarn to the front of the work and purl the SAME stitch. Still do not slip the original stitch off the left needle. Again bring your working yarn to the back and knit that same stitch one last time. NOW you will slide the original stitch off the left needle. So now you have three stitches where there was originally only one stitch.

You should end up with the same # of stitches to start the next row. P3tog is a double decrease, but K1P1K1 into the same stitch is a double increase so you will be left with the same number at the start of the next row.

Thanks so much. This is what happens when my ambition exceeds my experience.

But you only learn if you try! Way to go. You will figure it out. Glad I could help. :smiley:

Isn’t there a Video on how to make a Bobble?
I know I have seen one somewhere, if not here, I have no idea WHERE that was.
that is just K1P1K1P1 into the same stitch then Knit across etc
it still shows how to K1P1 repetedly in the same stitch

does this help?

ecb

There is a video here on how to make a bobble, about 3/4 of the way down the page on the right side:
http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_3125592,00.html