Pattern Help

i started a pattern in a magazine recently and it seemed pretty straightforward until i got to the neckband. the instructions read as follows, but i have no idea what this means. if anyone can decipher, i’d be forever grateful. it’s the very last step in the pattern and i don’t want to have to unravel everything!

thanks in advance! here goes - [p1,K2tog[b](yo and the st before it)p1,ssk(yo and the st before it)], 2 times. i can’t figure out the part in parentheses, (yo and the st before it).

does anyone have an idea how i do this?

kamakani11

I’m guessing that you made some yo’s on the previous row, and the pattern is just trying to clarify that your K2tog and SSK in this row will each contain a yarn over as one of the stitches. I think they’re trying to make it clear, but it does come out rather confusing.

Yes, I believe that is what it means! I do have yarn overs from the previous row! Thank you very much for helping me on that. It now seems so simple, I’m embarassed! :teehee:

Don’t be embarrassed - it really is a very odd way for the instructions to be written. I would have done a double take too.