Pattern help

Cast on 40 sts.
Knit in garter stitch for 6 rows.
Row 7: K4, purl across to last 4 sts, K4.
Row 8: K1, K2tog, YO, knit across to last 3 sts, YO, K2tog, K1.
Row 9: K4, purl across to last 4 sts, K4.
Row 10: Knit across.
Repeat row 9 & 10 until you get to row 27 (end with a purl row).
Row 28: Repeat row 8.
Row 29: Repeat row 9.

Repeat rows 9-29 one more time.
Repeat rows 9 & 10 10 times (until you have 3 buttonholes and 34 ridges).

Bodice - row 1: K4, K2tog 16 times, K4 (24 sts).
Bodice - row 2: K4, *K strand between

help with this part

Repeat rows9 & 10 10 times I end 0n row 9 should I start on row 9 again? And until you have 3 buttonholes and 34 ridges???

It doesn’t make sense to end on 9 and start on 9 because they’re both purl rows.

You probably should start with row 10 or you’re going to reverse the whole pattern. I think it’s an error in the pattern.

On row 8 and 28 you form the buttonholes, so I guess you do this until you have 3 buttonholes. You’re supposed to have 34 ‘ridges’ which I’d take as the ridges in the garter edge.

But I already did 3 buttonholes (row 8,row 28 &repeat rows 9-29 ) This is why I’m

:doh: Oh right! Maybe you’re just supposed to continue until you have 34 ridges after the third buttonhole? Is this a pattern you can link to?

http://bundlesoflove.org/Knit35PoundBurialGown

I think you have to have 34 ridges total. That makes sense since you knit 69 rows, about. So after the last button hole it looks like you continue in pattern with st st between garter edges for 20 rows. I wouldn’t get too concerned with the end on row 9 and start on row 9 since the length isn’t critical. Just do whatever the next row is that matches the pattern.

thanks Ingrid so much for trust the pattern

i’m knitting a little summer top, i’ve done the stitches for the back and i’m coming to the point where i’m shaping the waist, but i’m stuggling understanding the pattern. it gives instructions for the 1st row then for 2-4th rows, but then it gives instructions again for 1-4th rows again.

i’m struggling with,are you able to shed any light on this, please?

thanks

Michaela

You probably have to repeat rows 1-4 again. If you don’t think that’s the case, what does it say, exactly?