Pattern Confusion

Hi,

I am a beginner and currently I am experiencing a bit of confusion with a particular patter.

At the moment I have 69 stitches.

The next step states:

[B]Begin with p row, work 11 (37) rows is st st[/B].

Does the (37) relate to how many stitches I have to do in these 11 rows? There is no mention of decreases, and usually the number of stitches is indicated at the end of each step e.g:

[B]K1, *M1, K3, rep from * to end. 65 sts.[/B]

I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks

Usually, when something is in parenthesis, it relates to another size. If you have a link to the pattern, it might give us a better idea.

Hi,

The pattern is for a fox cuddly toy. The below pattern relates to the tail:

Cast on 3 stitches

Row 1: K1, *M1, K1, rep from * to end. 5 sts
Row 2: Purl
Rep last 2 rows 3 more times. 33 sts.
Row 9: K1, *M1, K2, rep from * to end. 49 sts.
Row 10: Purl
Row 11: K1, *M1, K3, rep from * to end. 65sts.
Row 12:Purl
Row 13: K13, *M1, K13, rep from * to end 69 sts.
[U]Beg with P row work 11 (37) rows in st st.[/U]
[U]Next row K1, K2tog, K to last 3 sts, K2tog tbl, K1. 67 sts.
The last row sets dec.[/U]

I am currently stuck on the underlined portion.

Well, that doesn’t shed much light on the problem, does it. Is this done in different sizes? Like a momma fox and a baby? Do the instructions include any notes that might explain? Do you have a picture of the pattern you could post? Because after this I’m pretty much lost. You may have to wait to see if there’s anyone else out there that might have a better clue than I do!

Could be a mistake. Have you checked Errata for the pattern?
I like Spokaloo’s idea of the the mama and baby fox.
We really need the pattern name or a link to the pattern in order to help here.

I’ve tried attaching images of the pattern, but the files are too large. I can either type out the entire pattern or send the images to an email account.

There is no cub. Just one fox.

The fox is featured here:

Row 11: K1, *M1, K3, rep from * to end. 65sts.

Beg with P row work 11 (37) rows in st st.

It looks to me like you do 37 rows of stockinette beginning with row 11, alternating the decrease row with knit rows.

ETA I see I made a mistake, and typed that row 11 is a decrease row when it clearly has increases. Sorry.

Since we get into copyright problems if an entire pattern is reprinted here, it’s just as well that you don’t post it all.

From the projects on Ravelry, it looks like the increases are finished so it may be best to continue as directed in stockinette. When it looks long enough (see the photos of finished projects on Rav), start the decreases.

I’ll try that.

Thank you everyone for your help and time.