Paper Gangsta Bag

patterns

Hi!

Has anyone done the Paper Gangsta Bag from Wool and the Gang?

I’ve been knitting for a long time, but this is my first time doing crochet.
I can do all the stitches, but I just don’t understand this below part when you connect in the round.

It’s on the fifth step on the instruction book.

1. Re-position your marker. Chain 3 stitches, skip 1 stitch, then work 1 double crochet into the next stitch. * Chain 1 stitch, skip 1 stitch, work 1 double crochet into the next stitch* Repeat the section inside the stars until you have 1 stitch left of the round. Chain 1 stitch, and make a slip stitch into the 3 chain stitches you made at the beginning of the round.

Does this mean to make 3 slip stitches into each of the 3 chain stitches from the beginning? Or does it mean to make one slip stitch into one of the 3 chain stitches?
I really need help with this part, because I’m doing something wrong and my bag keeps getting larger on one side.

Please help!!
Thanks!

Cute bag! Maybe @OffJumpsJack can help? I wonder if you make the slip stitch into the apace created by the 3 chain?

Often, that first chain 3 equals the first dc of the round. If that’s the case, you would end the round with a slip stitch into the 3rd chain of the starting chain 3.

Judy in OKC