P2, work to last 2 sts, p2 - I don't understand!

Hi,

I am new to knitting and am having a problem understanding the pattern, please help!

I have reached a line in my pattern which says P2, work to last 2 sts, p2.

It is knit a row then purl a row and I am on a purl row so does this line mean that I purl the whole row?

Emma :slight_smile:

Does it say “P2 tog” by any chance? I don’t know what you’re making but if the object gets smaller at some point, it could be P2 together rather than just P2. About the only time that I see “P2” it’s part of the “P2 tog”.

Sorry that I can’t be more help. Maybe check on-line to see if there are any corrections to your pattern. Ingrid “the Great” taught me that little lesson - if they misprint a pattern, the corrections will show up on-line. Just search for “corrections to ________” either the author or pattern.

Good luck!
Angela

Hi Angela,

It doesn’t say p2tog, that is why i am confused. It is a baby’s jumper and i am decreasing stitches for the arm holes. On previous lines it tells me to k2tog or slip stitches over but on this line it just says p2.

Emma :slight_smile:

That’s what I’d do Emma, but I can’t wait for a real knitter to answer.

Nikki

Some patterns write out the edge/border separately so that could be it. A lot of times when decreasing you don’t decrease every row…you alternate rows. I would just keep going and see how it looks.