Out of print glove knitting book

There was a well known glove knitting instructional book that has been out of print for a long time, but I can’t remember author’s name…any ideas?

Thanks,
Lisa

Welcome to the forum!
@DaylilyDawn do I remember that you are a prolific glove knitter? Does this sound familiar?

Have you tried looking at Amazon or ABE books or your public library? Sometimes seeing the cover is enough to identify the book.
I wish you good luck in your search.

1 Like

Thank you ! I have tried those, except not specifically Abebooks. I will try that next.
It was an old book, but a treasure filled with measurements, stitch numbers and weights of yarn— priceless resource. The author really knew her stuff.

1 Like

ebay might be a source too if you search “vintage knitting books gloves.” I’m finding pamphlets and some books. The book sounds like a fabulous resource.

Different yarn weights and sizes reminds me of Ann Budd who has a book containing glove patterns, The Knitter’s Handy Book of Patterns.
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/the-knitters-handy-book-of-patterns-basic-designs-in-multiple-sizes--gauges

1 Like

Yes, that’s it! Anne Budd, “Knitters Handy Book of Patterns “ Thank you!!:pray:

1 Like

Hooray! Ann Budd’s books are fabulous. I’ve used the ones for all types of sweaters in different gauges and sizes.
Have fun working all sorts of gloves.

1 Like

SalmonMac the book I have for gloves is Patons Next Steps Seven Mittens and Gloves… It is a small booklret type, I got it at Joann’s along time ago, 2010 is the date in the booklet.

2 Likes

Thanks, DaylilyDawn. Those Patons booklets are invaluable.