OT sort of...What's your current knitting distraction?

Where do I begin…is it the weiner dog who thinks my feet are his pillow (it makes walking over to my stash sort of hard)…maybe it’s my three-year old who thinks the only person who can play with her new toys is mommy…or perhaps it’s that everytime I go to sit down somebody somewhere in this house needs something…peanut-butter and jelly sandwich, goldfish, more water in the bowl, help changing the DVD, a pressed pair of pants for tomorrow…

Does it ever seem to you guys that there is some sort of anti-knitting demon who exists just to thwart your knitting attempts???

or it could be this forum… :lol:

LOL I think it could be all of the above! My kids are grown, but the two pets I have drive me nuts! The cat is 14.5 yrs and needs to eat small amounts often, the dog is 4, but very needy. Plus there is the forum of course… :wink: Enjoy the kids, they grow to fast. :wink:

I do enjoy her–she’s adorable but I have to give credit to all of the SAHMs out there–I’m off work for the holidays since I work for the school system…I’m going crazy!! How in the world do they do it?
My dog is pretty needy too–he’s 9 but has a lot of spunk left in him…:slight_smile:

I swear…the forum can be a curse…it’s so addicting! :cheering:

ummm…work, sleep, showering, driving to work since y’all seem worried about me knitting in traffic! ;), eating, umm…yeah all that stuff! :verysad:

the fact that I have to pack for the trip back home to Indiana is DEFINITELY cutting in to my valuable knitting time. me not happy camper.

A little thing called “Housework”…

UGH…

I have alot of distractions even though I’m 13. Most of the time I’m in bed watching TV and I get distracted because I always find something intresting on. Another thing is we have a bunch of kittens here… 3 of them to be exact. They all think that my yarn is something that they can destroy just like all my other things in my room and around the house :rollseyes: I also get up to get my family members things. I also have two dogs who are very needy. Bandit is going to be 8 this coming july and haus will be 6 this coming june. Both of them have alot of pup in them and they are very active. :lol:

Definitely a knitting demon lurking amongst us all I guess. LOL!!! :twisted: YIPE!!! :shock:

I’m a SAHM and happy to be able to sleep in :happydance: the last few wks. since my kids are off for winter break also. They don’t go back til Jan. 9. So more ZZzzz…for me!!! :heart: Oooo, Awwww!! OK enough exciting talk about my fav. thing besides knitting, S L E E P! :zzz:

I haven’t had a chance to knit since uhhh…yesterday…I believe I’m going through withdrawals. ACK! :rollseyes: I want to start a new project, but haven’t decided on anything. Maybe some socks. Another hat? :thinking: I’ve made 5 in the past 2 wks. or so…

Today I’ve been cleaning house…(OOoo, fun. NOT!!!) You know the usual…dusting, sweeping, cleaning the bathrooms, etc. In between washing load after load of laundry…starting dinner. During this highly chaotic action of events my son gets sick. :frowning: He was fine this morning…then BOOM! Fever. Ughhhhh… :doh: Hopefully he gets better real soon. :pray:

I also get the occassional: from dh ,“Honey can you iron this for me?” from dd, “Mommy can I have some apple juice? Can I have some more cheez its?” ds: “Mom, what’s there to eat?” “Can I stay up late tonight?” etc. and so fourth… :oo:

Now let me see… :thinking: Where to fit in some knitting??? LOL!! :wink:

KNITBIT :XX:

Definitely a knitting demon lurking amongst us all I guess. LOL!!! :twisted: YIPE!!! :shock:

I’m a SAHM and happy to be able to sleep in :happydance: the last few wks. since my kids are off for winter break also. They don’t go back til Jan. 9. So more ZZzzz…for me!!! :heart: Oooo, Awwww!! OK enough exciting talk about my fav. thing besides knitting, S L E E P! :zzz:

I haven’t had a chance to knit since uhhh…yesterday…I believe I’m going through withdrawals. ACK! :rollseyes: I want to start a new project, but haven’t decided on anything. Maybe some socks. Another hat? :thinking: I’ve made 5 in the past 2 wks. or so…

Today I’ve been cleaning house…(OOoo, fun. NOT!!!) You know the usual…dusting, sweeping, cleaning the bathrooms, etc. In between washing load after load of laundry…starting dinner. During this highly chaotic action of events my son gets sick. :frowning: He was fine this morning…then BOOM! Fever. Ughhhhh… :doh: Hopefully he gets better real soon. :pray:

I also get the occassional: from dh ,“Honey can you iron this for me?” from dd, “Mommy can I have some apple juice? Can I have some more cheez its?” ds: “Mom, what’s there to eat?” “Can I stay up late tonight?” etc. and so fourth… :oo:

Now let me see… :thinking: Where to fit in some knitting??? LOL!! :wink:

KNITBIT :XX:

I haven’t knitted at ALL today…the kids are off from school, so we went out for some fun at a “chuckie cheese” type of place, and then I attempted to try to get the house under control. I swear that boxes have been multiplying in this house. I throw them away, and then there are more!!

Current knitting distraction?

EVERYTHING ELSE! Especially the computer and my never ending quest for yarn deals or the bestest free pattern. I was selling (non-knitting related) stuff on eBay, but that ate into too much of my time, so I’m taking a break…KIDDING! I’m taking a break so I can go through stuff, toss or pack because I’m moving who knows when and yet I KEEP BUYING MORE YARN. I need to stop so I don’t have to move so much!

boy am I glad to see I’m not alone…I’ve actually been knitting since my last post and it’s probably the most I’ve accomplished in the past several days (with regards to knitting). I have the box problem too–just when I think I have all of the torn Christmas wrapping and boxes thrown away, I turn around and find some that dh has put in the bedroom or office (to him–outta sight is outta mind!).

damn doctorate degree!!!

:thinking:
I would have to say my sukky job gets in the way of my knitting.
:rollseyes:

My job is definitely getting in the way…9 hours a day I could be knitting. Actually, the office is pretty bare this week, so I got in about 3 hours of knitting at my desk yesterday! :fingerwag:
But the bad part is…I can’t do that as easily today…so I just check the new posts every 5 minutes, I gotta get my fix one way or another!

1. Work.
  2. Cooking.
  3. Housecleaning.
  4. My 8-year-old daughter, who is always asking me to knit something for HER! She now has about 4 or 5 scarves. She wants yet another scarf and 2 hats and a pair of mittens. When I went to the LYS last night, she picked out a $15 skein of very pretty yarn and asked me to knit her a blanket out of it! Uh…maybe we should find something less expensive cuz it’s going to take a lot more than one skein dear, and OH - I was buying yarn to finally make something for ME!!!
  5. The same 8-year-old daughter who got a few games for Christmas and LOVES to play them with me. We have played games every night. How can I say no?! These years go by so fast, so I have to enjoy her now, but it sure does take away my knitting time!

8 sounds like a good age to learn how to knit!! :smiley:

I’m trying to teach her, but a teacher I am not! I believe I will sign her up for a lesson at my LYS!!

well i hear there are some pretty good videos on this website called KnittingHelp.com, or something like that :wink:
I bet she would love the satisfaction of wearing something she made! Once she’s hooked, you might even be able to convince her to do chores for yarn money… :lol: