OT: Favorite Feel-Good Foods

I’ve been fighting off a cold for about two days now and just sat down with a cup of Blueberry tea and some air-popped popcorn. That got me thinking about comfort food and things that always sound good even when nothing else does.

Anyone have anything that is an immediate go-to as soon as you’re feeling blah?

Blueberry tea sounds really nice! I tend to go for the herbal teas, my ‘comfort tea’ is Camomile, honey & vanilla - although anything with honey and/or vanilla will do. Yay hot cups of tea! You might want to try a little honey in your tea if you don’t already, I think it’s supposed to be good for colds.

Hope you feel better soon … and try not to drop any stitches if you sneeze unexpectedly!

fruit snacks or vanilla ice cream. I had a cup of peach tea earlier and it was really good (well, except for when I spilled it on my clean white t-shirt). Blueberry tea does sound nice…

Kozy Shack Rice Pudding is the best! I’ve tried making it at home, but I can never get the rice creamy enough.

Hot chocolate, chai tea, creamy pumpkin soup, and homemade baked goods are my comfort foods.

I like a nice jasmine or green tea with nothing in it. As far as food is concerned I love my homemade matza ball soup if I’m sick. If I’m just kind of feeling down it’s gotta be my fried chicken w/collards, blackeyed peas and corn bread. YUUUUUUUMMMMMMY!!! Oh man, I think I feel the blues coming on.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Still feeling under the weather and all I can think about is how great some extra cheesey mac’n’cheese would taste right now.

Mac n Chz is mine!

Pizza and beer :cheering:

When I have a cold I like to have ramen (you know, the kind that comes in a packet and you cook in boiling water). When I have a cold I like the chicken kind, because it has the same property as chicken noodle soup.

Hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Tuna and Noodles. Cheesy Hashbrowns. Cheetos. Blue Corn chips and black bean dip.

not all at the same time of course…but what a happy meal that would be!

Word to THAT!

I also fall back on my favorite… a big glass of milk!

me too!

The second i feel a tich too warm to touch and chilled to the bone, I just wanna curl up with some yummy chicken ramen and Orange Pekoe tea… my fave. No milk, 2 sugars.

Depending on the mood, I enjoy the ramen without water… I boil the noodles first, but discard the water and eat the noodles with about half the packet of seasoning… so yummy…

mmm…

but everyday comfort foods Hot Chocolate, Chocolate Milk, Cadbury anything! Especially creme eggs and caramilk bars!

I’m a huge choco holic, but I also looooove me some salsa!! mmm…

I made homemade potato soup today for lunch (I needed some comfort food b/c I could use the forum!!! LOL!!) and I thought of this thread…I Love POTATO SOUP!!! (topped w/ cheese of course)

Cheesecake for bad mood.
Lipton noodle soup for a cold.

I do the same thing!

When I am feeling sick I love Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup with cinnamon toast. I know it’s a crazy combo but I just love it. Of course, I love toast in general.

My favorite comfort foods: chicken fried steak with country gravy and smashed potatoes, my mom’s chicken cacciatore with polenta, hot buttered popcorn, salami and monterey jack cheese with warm french bread, ravioli’s from my favorite deli in California, pepperoni pizza… I could go on forever!

When I’m not feeling good - Chicken Noodle Soup.

When I need a pick-me-up – Chocolate
If I’m running errands, I like to go by my local health food store and pick up a Creme Soda. Yum!

All around favorite: Chicken and Dumplins and greens (can you say Cracker Barrel???).

Basically anything I don’t have to cook rocks my boat. :thumbsup:

my mom’s chicken dumpling soup.
Sapporo Ichiban ramen.
spaetzle with mushroom gravy.
bread pudding.
S&S saimin.
aglio e olio.
killer bread.
pho.
buttermilk biscuits with butter and honey.
kook soo (I’m making this tonight for dinner).

I can’t believe no one said meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans! And this is a weird one but I really miss a fried bean burrito with a vanilla milkshake to dip the burrito in, that takes me back to when I was probably 9 or 10! Yum! and now I need to find me one…

:ick:
Sorry, that one surprised me.

Real, honest to god, homemade chicken rice soup. I LOVE homemade chidken soup. It’ll turn the worse day to sunshine.