OT - Fans of Alton Brown

I know I’m not the only one here with a geek crush on Alton Brown, so I thought I’d let you know…There’s a Good Eats marathon on Food Network starting at 3:00 EST. It’s the top ten episodes, whatever they mean by that. I’ve got the TiVo set! :cheering:

I love Alton :thumbsup:

:happydance: :cheering:

I have learned more “useless information” from watching Alton … he is great!!! :happydance: I might just have to go and turn on my TV now!!

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :twisted: I can’t believe I don’t get Food Network!! I am a huge fan of Alton Brown. I guess I will have to buy/rent the dvd’s of his show in order to see it. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

--------On the needles---------------
a blanket whose recipient I haven’t decided yet.

I love Alton too!!! Watchin’ the science of Pie right now! I have learned a ton from his shows. The tip about using a water bath when baking a cheesecake is what makes me the office “expert” on it and I have yet to have one crack! :thumbsup:
My mother actually told me once “it’s supposed to do that…” :doh:
Um, no mom, it’s not!!! :roflhard:

At 7 they have a “making of Good Eats” hour long special. I am REALLY looking forward to that.

Alton’s second in line behind my man Hugh. :wink:

:shock:
For a second I thought you were laying your mits on MY man Hugh…I forget there are other’s out there. Laurie, Jackman… I was so close to a kitten-fight there! :roflhard:

Making of Good Eats eh? I’m so there! :thumbsup:

Your Hugh is hot, but I like mine broody. :wink: You can put away the size 50 needles now. :lol:

Hee hee, 50’s would just bruise, 2’s would be more clean…
:wink:
Here’s a quote for ya…

"All life is equally sacred. And I promise you, the next knitting injury that comes in, we’re on it like stink on cheese."
A House-ism, my gift to you fellow lover of guys named Hugh~ :heart:

:heart: I feel the love. :slight_smile: Here’s my man a million years ago doing some country music. (Stephen Fry makes this video though.)

I love Alton Brown, but I can’t afford cable :crying:
I hopw I can get a decent job at Rapid, so I can at least get the basic stuff.

RATS…DH currently has control of the TV…and I think if I commanded both the TV and the computer simultaneously he might get annoyed. :roflhard: I will tape the making-of tho…we :heart: Alton!!

And, his new program started tonight as well, Feasting on Asphalt. It was fantastic, of course, and here featured 2 locations close by here as well. One was in Spartanburg,SC, and the other is in Charlotte,NC. I adore Alton’s programs, and his common sense style of cooking! I’ve downloaded and used many of his recipes, they are so easy to follow. My DH thinks he’s annoying, I tell him he’s just jealous because he can’t cook as well as Alton can. :lol: :lol:
Linda

i miss cable! iw as a tv zombie when we had cable so no more for me. alton brown: a geek who cooks! doesnt get better than that for me.

Woo Hoo! Thanks for the heads up. :heart: :heart: :heart: me some Alton!

OMGOSH! I can’t believe I completely missed this thread!!

I did not, however, miss the marathon! :smiley: AND I’m recording all the Feasting on Asphalt shows. [size=2](I made a funny @ Kelly re: a “Knitting on Asphalt” trip, but I don’t think she got it :??)[/size]

Anyway, I adore Alton, and I’ve become a much better cook because of him. I was @ a kitchen store w/ the kids the other day, and they kept looking around saying, “Alton has THIS!” and “Oh look, mom, a uni-tasker.” :stuck_out_tongue: They love Alton, too. :muah:

:teehee: :teehee: a uni-tasker :teehee: :teehee: that’s just so funny on many different levels.

And, .Julie, I just wanted to say that I totally got your Knitting on Asphalt snicker and loved it. Loooooooooooooooove Feasting on Asphalt…it actually makes me want to upgrade and get a DVR so I can tape them.

The one trick I picked up from Alton involves baking brownies - place parchment paper on the bottom of your pan such that it hangs over two edges. That way when you are ready to remove your brownies, all you have to do is lift them out. And then use a pizza cutter to cut them. Works like a charm! Of course, I defeat all that buy making brownies from a box :oops:

We’re very geeky… we have his first book AND a set of measuring cup thingies with a drawing of him on them. Haven’t watched any of his new show though.

:waving: Hi Vendie!!! :muah:

I have a funny brownie thing: One of my friends’ MIL always cuts the edges & corners off of brownies when she bakes them and then THROWS THEM AWAY!! :shock: When my friend was dating this woman’s DS in college, she expressed her dismay at this strange ritual, and after that her (now) MIL would box up the “trimmings” and send them to her @ college! :roflhard:

Do you know how happy a box of brownie trimmings would make me? OMGOSH … it would not be pretty … I’m pretty sure I’d forget to come up for air. :oops: