Ok, where did I mess up?

LOL… so I definitely got the casting part down. :smiley: However, this actual knitting part isn’t sticking! I’ve watched the video but everytime I get to make the first stitch it ends up in a knot. :thinking:

http://www.stitchdiva.com/custom.aspx?id=102

Here are some other pictures of how to knit.

Can you describe what you’re doing? Or better yet, post a picture?

That looks like a great illustration, I’ll let you know how it goes. I’m just attempting to learn the basics, I have no project in mind just yet. It took me 20 minutes to get the slip knot lol…but then I got the cast on right away now I’ve been trying this for two hours. I’m determined to get it right before the night is over.

If you can’t get it figured out, we’ll talk you through it–like the tower to the passenger trying to fly the plane! :wink:

I definitely get the first stitch just fine but somehow when I move on to the second that’s where the knot is created. Maybe it’s in the way I’m holding it? I wish I could take pictures.

Maybe the ‘knot’ you’re seeing is your first stitch. Since you haven’t knit before, it could be you don’t know what you’re looking at. Keep going across the row and see what happens.

There’s no tension on the new needle, it keeps on getting stuck and just sits there.

Hmmm I think I’m finally getting something though lol. :XX: Maybe I’ll stick with this and see where it goes. If I get stuck again I’ll ask. Thanks a bunch!

After reviewing the video again I realize my problem was the “peeking through the window” part which I didn’t do! That’s probably why I was creating a knot.

So how did it turn out? Are you getting the hang of it now?

I am definitely starting to get the hang of it now. I started over from the beginning because the yarn was so torn from me pulling it. I have just gotten through my first row and am ready to start the next! :thumbsup:

:cheering: YAY!!! and another addict… err, rather… KNITTER! is born! Congrats on your first row! Let us know how it goes, and if you have any more questions, any one of us will be happy to help you out!

Thanks a bunch, everyone is so helpful. I’m still getting a little stuck on the “putting it throug the window” part but I think my problem is that I’m not working close enough to the tip of the needle.