Oddball Blanket #4 is COMPLETE!

Today, I confirmed that we have another knitter ready to go on our blanket. Samsam in New York! :woohoo:

So, when Michael finishes his section, send the blanket on to her, BostonBecca! :slight_smile:

I’m excited! I’ll keep you all posted.

I got the blanket today! It is so beautiful, I can’t believe it. I am honored to work on such a great piece of work. I’ll post my progress as I knit :cheering:

I’m so glad you’re able to be part of our project! :muah:

Hi! all is coming well on the blanket. I would like to send it out wednesday or thursday. I need an address of where to send it next, thanks!

Thanks for the message!
I’ll check with the next knitter right now.
:thumbsup:

Oddball #4 arrived yesterday from SamSam. It’s HUGE and BEAUTIFUL!!! What a great project for me to work on over Thanksgiving.

Woo Hoo! Our blanket is still safe in the hands of a Knitting Help knitter. cloud9

Have fun with it, Ladybug Lady! :hug:

:oops: Ok, so “over Thanksgiving” was a bit longer than usual this year! I’m so sorry, but the blanket is FINALLY on its way back to Sandeh. The delivery confirmation number is in my purse.

Again, SO sorry for taking so long.

Yay! Thanks for mailing it! :muah:
No worries about the delay. We all have bad days (or bad months). :teehee:

If you don’t mind, please send me a private message with the delivery confirmation, so I can watch it online.

Have a good weekend!

Yippee!!! :woohoo:
Today, I received a great big box from Ladybug Lady.

It’s our big, beautiful blanket! :inlove:
I might be biased, but I really think it’s BEAUTIFUL! cloud9

Sandy,

That is beautiful, I’m glad you posted the pictures of it as I’ve been wondering how it turned out.

Phyllis

Hello my friends! :hug:

I know you will be pleased to hear that I have FINALLY completed all the work on our beautiful Oddball Blanket #4!!
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

Now, it is ready to be donated to charity.

I have decided to give our beautiful blanket to the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota.

[I][B]Pine Ridge Reservation is the poorest spot in the USA. The average life expectancy for residents is only 47 for males and early 50s for women. The unemployment rate is 90% and the teen suicide rate is four times the national average. Basics such as running water, heat and food are scarce for many residents let alone jobs and health care. These challenges are particularly difficult to deal with given the geographical isolation of the Rez and the incredibly harsh climate.[/B][/I]

I have communicated with the main contact (Pam Little Sparrow Wingard), and she is very pleased that we are giving them the blanket.
:heart: cloud9 :heart:
She said to be sure to share this message with all of you:
[B]“I think you and the other knitters are special angels. You will be remembered in the prayers of my Family and the Lakota family that receives this afghan.”[/B]
[B]Gentle Blessings,
Pam Little Sparrow Wingard[/B]

That is a most awesome and generous home that will always welcome something like that. I can’t think of a better place to send it.

Shandeh, would you mind sending me the contact info for Pam? I’ve got some pieces I was looking to donate and that need a home desperately.

Right now, they are collecting knit or crochet afghan squares, which can be sent to:

Pam Little Sparrow Wingard
16854 London Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70819

You could probably go ahead and send any of your handknit or crocheted pieces. They need things for all ages and sizes.

If you use wool yarn, please attach a note about that.