Not sure what the pattern is asking...please help quickly!

I started knitting a top-down v-neck cardigan last night. I’ve completed the collar and have begun the v-neck shaping but I’m very confused.

This part of the pattern reads:

Increase SHORT Row 1: K30, M1, K1, Place Marker #1, K1, M1, K8, M1, K1, Place Marker #2, K1, M1, K26, M1, K1, Place Marker #3, K1, M1, K8, M1, K1, Place Marker #4, K1, M1, SSK, K1, TURN.

Wrong Side SHORT Row 2: SL1, purl to Marker #1, slip Marker, P2, P2tog, P1, TURN.

Increase SHORT Row 3: SL1, knit to one stitch before Marker, M1, K1, slip Marker, K1, M1; repeat from 3 more times, knit to one stitch before the gap, SSK, K1, TURN.

Alright, Row 3 is where I got confused. I completed the instructions between the *'s once , however, at that point I’ve only slipped ONE marker, so I don’t understand how I could repeat it 3 times.

(I hope I’m making sense)

Does it mean TURN the work and repeat? And then TURN and repeat again 3 times?

The way I’m reading it, on row 2, you would have gone past markers 4, 3, 2, and 1 before turning - then on row 3, you will repeat between the * at each of those markers: 1, 2, 3 and 4, in that order.

I think so at least. It really seems to me that the #s on the markers are consistent, so marker #1 is marker #1, not the first marker you come to. So when you turned on row 2, the first marker you would come to is marker #4. Does that make sense?

I’m not sure. The row 2 is the one that confuses me. In every instance in row 1 and row 3 they are very clear about what to do with each marker whether you are placing one or slipping one, it is mentioned each time. On row 2 they mention marker #1 and tell you to slip it but they don’t say anything about any of the other markers. Did they work past them and just not mention them at all? Seems out of character for the way they were so specific every other time. I guess you got that row figured out though.

Increase SHORT Row 3: SL1, knit to one stitch before Marker, M1, K1, slip Marker, K1, M1; repeat from 3 more times, knit to one stitch before the gap, SSK, K1, TURN.

Here you are evidently back at the side where the first marker will be the one they designated as #1. Work to within one stitch of that 1st marker you come to, M1, then knit the one right before the marker, slip the marker, k1, M1 and then repeat that whole section starting with the *. In other words knit across to one before the next marker and do the same thing you did on both sides of the first marker. Then move to the stitch before the next marker and then the final one. Then knit to one stitch before the gap, SSK, k1, and turn.

What is the name of the pattern and what is the page number from the book or magazine? Or if it’s free and on-line, what is the link?

Thanks for your help everyone! Pointing out that the ones they designated as “1”, “2”, and so on STAY those numbers makes it make more sense.

The pattern is called “The Casual Classic” from page 42 of “Button Your Top Down” by Deb Gemmell.