Next row after yarnovers?

A sort of basic question, but I can’t seem to figure this out.

I’m doing a lace pattern based on seven stitches. The first row is knit across, then the second row goes *K1, k2tog, yo, K1, yo, sl1-k1-psso, k1; repeat from * to end.

I run into problems on row three, which is just another knit across row. I’m not sure what to do with the yarnovers – do I knit them as regular stitches or do I slip them off the needle? The pattern doesn’t say to do either one, but the number of stitches is supposed to remain the same throughout.

I appreciate any help you can give me!

Yes, you will knit the yarn overs as regular stitches. Do not drop them off the needle.

Knit them as regular stitches. If they were supposed to be slipped off, the pattern would say so, and if you drop them off the stitch number won’t be the same.

sue

Thanks so much!

You know, I suspect I must have made some other kind of mistake originally, because when I tried to knit the yarnovers I ended up with what seemed like miles of loose yarn, and I got kind of scared!

Just now I went back and tried it with some scrap yarn and it came out fine, so I’ll have to go back to my sweater and try it again.

Thanks again for your help!:muah: