Newbie with Booga Bag?

Hi everyone,

I’ve been knitting for a few months now. I absolutely LOVE this site! I feel like I’ve learned so much already, but I’m still a pretty novice knitter.

Anyway, I have a question about the Booga Bag. The pattern calls for size 10 1/2 circular needles. I already have some circs that are size 9 and I’m wondering if I could knit the bag using those. I know the individual stitches would be smaller, but what effect would that have on the finished project?

TIA!

Amber

Well, Im not sure it would felt as well. Part of the magic behind felting is the extra room for friction that is allowed by those loose sts on big needles!

You may want to knit up a 4x4 swatch on your 9’s and test-felt it. Anything is worth a try!!

Also, you may want to increase all the pattern numbers by 25% or so…its gonna turn out smaller and the booga is not exactly a big bag to begin with!

Thanks for your reply!

Hmmm…it sounds like using different needles could have a significant impact. If I don’t break down and buy some 10 1/2 needles, I will definitely do a test swatch.

Hi Amber :slight_smile:

What yarn are you using for the Booga bag? I’ve been eyeing it for months now :inlove:

Hi.

I bought 4 skeins of Noro “Kureyon” in color 51 (a mix of black, greys, and browns). I wanted something in more earth-tones so it would go with more things.

As a side-note, I just went out to buy some 10 1/2 size needles and couldn’t find ANY 16 or 24 inch circulars, soooooo it looks like I’m going to give the 9s a try.