Nevernot knitting-- watermelon cardigan pattern

Greetings:
I am curently making this adorable sweater for my granddaughter and am a bit confused on the yoke.!https://shop.nevernotknitting.com/products/watermelon-knitting-pattern-pdf?_pos=3&_psq=watermelon&_ss=e&_v=1.0[image|810x1080]( Is the eyelet row only done on the RS with the WS still done in purl stitch. The reason I ask this is when I have made the eyelet only on the RS the picture in the pattern seems to have a stocknette stitch between eyelet holes where as mine is more like a chain stitch. Have I overlooked something? Appreciate any advise you may have.

Thank You

I would say yes, it is worked with the eyelets on the RS and purl on the WS. The stitches between the eyelets all look like stockinette, just as you said.
Do you want to post pic of your knitting so we can se how it looks?

2 Likes

I’m going to guess that you only repeated the directions in the parentheses, giving you (yo, k2tog), when you need to repeat K1 (yo, k2tog). I’d likely have done the same, the way it’s written, but it looks like it needs that extra stitch.

2 Likes

Wow! That is exactly what I did! Im going to rip out and redo. Thank you so much. ill let you know how it comes out😊

1 Like

And thank you Creation for the eyelets help. After i redo the yo ill post s picture .

1 Like