Ñeefke point protectors

Hello everyone! I am so glad you are all here! I am on a desperate for needlepoint protectors that actually stay on the needles. I gave tried all the "regular ones - the most common but even though I am knitting with a size 7 needle, they keep falling off! One night last week, I came across an old package of steel crochet comfort cushions with exactlyvtwo left in it. I tried using those and they are perfect. Since I only gave the two, I searched online for more, but cannot find the kind I have. Any input would be great I y appreciated!

1 Like

Do you know the manufacturer of the steel crochet comfort cushions? It might help to see a photo of them, just so we know what to look for.
Are you working with straight or circular needles? I have a knitting buddy who loves these holders for circular needles.

I just wrote a reply and managed to delete it before sending. I have not been able to find any pictures online of the crochet hook grips I have, but if you search “comfort grip crochet hook cushions”, you will see some like the ones I have. But wait, even better, I found what appears to be an even better product advertised in Issue 10 of Noro magazine. They are cylindrical foam pieces that slip all the way onto the needles. I haven’t learned yet how to add a link here or add a picture, buy if you go to www.cocoknits.com and look in the tools section you will see them. There is one set for small needles and another set for large needles. I am placing an order today and will anxiously await their arrival. I will send an udate ASAP. If anyone could help me learn how to add links and pics to my posts, I would be very appreciative!

Glad you found something that will work! The foam stitch savers look very useful. Maybe these:
http://store.cocoknits.com/tools/stitch-stoppers-large/#.WXz2urpFw2w
You can add a link in a couple of ways. One way is to go to the page, highlight the URL at the top of the page, copy and then paste it into your post.
To add a photo, click on the little up arrow at the top of the reply box, approximately in the middle of the bar and follow the directions to choose the photo and upload it.

Thanks so much for your help! I will let you know what think of the protectors from Cocoknits as soon as they come in. I am excited about their potential.

Greetings from Louisville KY! I received my point protectors from Cocoknits today and I am just thrilled with them! They absolutely will not fall off no matter how much I pull the work against them. They are definitively worth every penny. If you are in need, I could not recommend them more highly. Have a wonderful stitching day!

I wanted to let everyone know I have received my point protectors order from Cocoknits.com today and I am just thrilled with my purchase. The 18-piece set was a total of roughly $15, half if whivh was postage, but niw that I have them, I dont mind the high postsge charge. They come in a resealable paper “bag” which is convenient. But the real plus is that even though I pulled hard against the protector with my work, the protector did not budge! To some I may sound quite silly going on about something that might seem trivial in our knitting world, but I have many physical limitations, and bending over to pick up items on the floor causes me a fair modicum of pain, so one less thing I have to pick up is important to me. If you are tired of point ptotectors that dont stay on your needles, just visit www.cocoknits.com and look under tools.

1 Like