Need recomendations for next project

Hi all -
I’m really new here, and have only been knitting a week or two. I have a booga bag almost done, and have done a few other easy projects. I need ideas of what to try next. Something fun, but not too much harder than the booga bag.
thanks,
Jill

Socks!

Socks Socks Socks!

(can you tell I’m addicted?)

Seriously, try Silver’s Sock Tutorial - it’s the best way ever to learn sock knitting. Don’t worry! They’re not as hard as they look, not by a long shot! No matter how many needles are involved, you’re only using two at once. The rest are just there to hold the stitches. Socks are also a great portable project.

REALLY???
I thought socks were 10+ on the difficulty scale!

I’ll think about it, and see if I am brave enough.

Thanks!

You can do it! If you can cast on, purl, and knit, you can knit socks! The first 2-3 rounds on double-pointed needles are a bit tricky, but after that, it’s smooth sailing.

Knitty’s Fuzzy Feet knit up just like socks, but then felting erases all inconsistencies. They were my second project. http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter02/PATTfuzzyfeet.html

Thank you for the pattern help. I think I can do the felted booties - felting is the cure for what ails my knitting just now.

Jill

I was terrified of socks before I tried them, too. I decided to give them a try as a new knitter, figuringing what’s the worst that could happen, aside from poking an eye out with a double pointed needle (and I’ve yet to hear of that happening to anyone!).

I followed Silver’s tutorial, taking it one step at a time. She takes you by the hand and leads you every step of the way. Between her up-close photos of each step, and her concise directions, they really are easy enough for a newbie.

Granted my first sock didn’t look fantastic, but it did greatly resemble a sock, and I was immensely proud of my effort. Practice improved my tension and my ribbing, but that’s what a new knitter needs lots of, (along with patience) is practice. :wink: