Need help with pattern

I’m new to knitting with a pattern and I’m attempting to knit a christening gown for my daughter. the pattern is as follows

*(K1.yo) twice. Sl1. K2tog. psso. yo (K1 tbl. P2) 7 times. K1 tbl. yo. Sl1. K2tog. psso. yo. K1. yo. Rep from * to last st. K1. 166 sts.

What I’m wondering is if it’s asking to repeat everything up to the yo and then add a K1 on the end after or if the last st they’re referring to is the K1 before the yo. and is that how many sts I should have after finishing that row? Also now that I think about am I supposed to repeat this over and over til the row is done?

Hi there,

This should be as your first idea, repeat everything from the * to the last yo, which should leave you with one stitch remaining, which you should knit. The 166 sts is indeed the number of stitches you should have left at the end of the row.

Good luck!

1 Like

There are 33 sts in the pattern to repeat between *'s. Repeat pattern until there is one stitch remaining to be worked and k1.
If you make a total of 5 repeats you will have 165 sts. And you will have one sts remaining to work.
And for the counts:
*(K1.yo) twice. (4sts with 2 increases)
Sl1. K2tog. psso. yo (2 sts with 2 decreases, count is 6 so far)
(K1 tbl. P2) 7 times. (21 sts, 27 so far)
K1 tbl. yo. (2 sts with 1 inc., 29 so far)
Sl1. K2tog. psso. yo. (2 sts with 2 decreases, count is 31)
K1. yo. (2 sts with 1 inc. count in pattern is 33).
Repeat pattern until the is one stitch remaining to be worked and k1.
(166 sts worked)
I note it is an increase of two sts more than the previous row.

2 Likes

Thank you so much guys!